Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All

I am a permanent resident in Australia and looking for information on long term visit visa (6+ months) for my sister in law

My wife is expecting in couple of months and we were thinking of getting her parents in australia to help us out. However, her parents are not in a situation that they can travel from India, instead they would want her sister to travel and take care of her.

I had a check and found that visitor visa's get rejected if you for a longer period.
Can you please suggest me as to what i can do to get my sister in law into the country with 6+ months of visa ?

Thank you

·
Registered
960 Posts
Visit this Visa Finder for all the visa offerings

Hello All

I am a permanent resident in Australia and looking for information on long term visit visa (6+ months) for my sister in law

My wife is expecting in couple of months and we were thinking of getting her parents in australia to help us out. However, her parents are not in a situation that they can travel from India, instead they would want her sister to travel and take care of her.

I had a check and found that visitor visa's get rejected if you for a longer period.
Can you please suggest me as to what i can do to get my sister in law into the country with 6+ months of visa ?

Thank you

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks RameshKD

I am aware that there is a possibility of upto 12 months visa. however i have seen rejection rates being high for first time applicants applying for more than 3 months.

So would like to know if someone in the forum has gone through this process and knows how to present the application to minimize the chances of rejection.

Thank you again !!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts