Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

I'm really interested to hear if anyone has any experience of applying for visitor visas for the UK from Egypt over the past couple of months - basically since the president was disposed and if you have any pointers?

My boyfriend of two years FINALLY got his visa application appointment yeterday after three cancellations from the application centre (I know the reasons are serious, of course) and now I'm having a mini-panic about if he has put everything he needs in and have only just found this site!

He has not booked flights as they are non-refundable - in fact, he has put no information about flights in his application other than proof of funds to pay for them. He is hoping to fly on Sunday 29th September and return on 13th October but as he has had over a month delay from his original appointment, he thought it best not to book anything as the processing time might go past his intended travel date.

Does anyone have any experience of not booking flights before application but getting the visa in general, but especially since July?

He has proof of everything but flights - booked and paid for itinerary of theatre trips, train travel from where I live to London, hotel bookings, other excursions, two letters of invitation, his bank statements, confirmation of employment in Egypt and confirmed holiday time, emails dating back over a year discussing him coming to the UK for a visit - everything but the flight info!

Any experience of other people or advice or information would be greatly appreciated.

Have a nice day :panda:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Ok, I thought maybe update with a less country-specific question as the Egypt part is getting me nowhere!

My boyfriend has put everything possible EXCEPT flight details into his visitor visa application, because he paid attention to the warning not to book flights without a visa but then didn't think to put info confirming available flights and costs into the application.

He has everything else he could need for a visitor visa - does anyone have any idea of chances of refusal for lack of flight data?

Thank you!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.