Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I have some queries regarding Visitor Visa (600). I am Pakistani and I got PR for subclass 189 on 25th Sept 2014 and i moved to Melbourne on 13th March 2015.

Now i need to call my wife on Visitor Visa subclass 600 as i am not in the condition to apply for her PR right now.

Can anyone please guide me with the steps required to apply for Visitor Visa?

Can I apply visit visa on her behalf from Australia and how to apply?

What all documents are required to apply for this particular Visa?

Looking forward for your response.

I will be very grateful if you can clear my queries.

Thanks in advance.

·
Super Moderator
1,721 Posts
You can't apply 'Sponsored Family Visa' because as a Sponsor you don't meet the criteria:

A sponsor must:

be an Australian citizen or permanent resident
be older than 18 years of age
have been settled in Australia for a reasonable period (usually more than two years).

The other way is to go for Tourist Visa but it is highly unlikely that she will get this too as her husband is a PR holder and this may be a compelling reason for her not to leave Australia at the end of her visa.

Girl Aussie

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You can't apply 'Sponsored Family Visa' because as a Sponsor you don't meet the criteria:

A sponsor must:

have been settled in Australia for a reasonable period (usually more than two years).

The other way is to go for Tourist Visa but it is highly unlikely that she will get this too as her husband is a PR holder and this may be a compelling reason for her not to leave Australia at the end of her visa.

Girl Aussie

Thanks for prompt response. So in this case what can be done. Any suggestion for me.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

A sponsor must:

Girl Aussie
No worries.

Your best bet is to apply Partner Visa first and then Visit visa. If she qualifies for Skilled Migration this could be another option.

Girl Aussie

I was thinking the same but i need some more time to apply for it.

I will think over it and get back to you if I have any further doubts.

Thanks for your quick response :)

·
Registered
97 Posts
Hello
I have a same kind of query. I am from BangladeshI am on 457 and i want to apply visit visa (subclass 600) for my wife as at this moment i cant bring her in 457. My worry is how can i prove that she will go back at the end of her visit period? she is currently having a break from study and work.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts