Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear All,

I believe some of the parents opted to apply for Visitor visa 600, and apply for permanent child visa from onshore, and I have also done the same. I have applied on 20th Nov, and within a week received a request to submit Pre-Natal documents which I uploaded within a week, and thereafter status is Further assessment. Moreover the timeline for Visitor visa is increasing day-by-day.
So thought if we can share the updates and timelines of those who opted to apply for visitor visa 600 for their kids.

It will be really helpful for parents who are waiting with no clue, and will be a valuable information to plan accordingly.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Dear All,

I believe some of the parents opted to apply for Visitor visa 600, and apply for permanent child visa from onshore, and I have also done the same. I have applied on 20th Nov, and within a week received a request to submit Pre-Natal documents which I uploaded within a week, and thereafter status is Further assessment. Moreover the timeline for Visitor visa is increasing day-by-day.
So thought if we can share the updates and timelines of those who opted to apply for visitor visa 600 for their kids.

It will be really helpful for parents who are waiting with no clue, and will be a valuable information to plan accordingly.
Hi Rocky,

I think i am also in same boat. I had applied SC 600 ( family sponsored stream). what is the stream did you applied?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Rocky,

I think i am also in same boat. I had applied SC 600 ( family sponsored stream). what is the stream did you applied?
Hi Pardhu,
I applied as Visitor Visa. Also can you share your timelines and status?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Yea... And that was the reason I applied for exemption, but was not lucky enough. You can also raise exemption, no harm in trying.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Friends , I have applied 101 in Dec mid 2020 and got acknowledgement on 7th Jan 2021. Now planning to apply Visitor visa.

can you please suggest forms and list of documents required for it. do they need attestation or just normal form fill and docs upload

·
Registered
64 Posts
Friends , I have applied 101 in Dec mid 2020 and got acknowledgement on 7th Jan 2021. Now planning to apply Visitor visa.

can you please suggest forms and list of documents required for it. do they need attestation or just normal form fill and docs upload
For visitor visa, you just need to login to your immiaccount, fill the form, attach all the docs and submit the application. No attestation required on the documents.
Docs required almost similar to Child visa 101 - Form 1229, Sponsor salary slips, bank stmnt, passport, birth certificate, parents passport, visa, etc

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yea... And that was the reason I applied for exemption, but was not lucky enough. You can also raise exemption, no harm in trying.
Hi IamWinner/Pardhu,

As per my knowledge we do not have to raise exemption, kids are automatically exempted, as they are dependent and immediate family member.
We just need a valid visa to travel.

Pls check below link, and correct any:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
And also in other thread[child 101 visa] , one guy mentioned he applied for exemption, and he got a response that exemption not required, and eligible to travel.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Hi IamWinner/Pardhu,

As per my knowledge we do not have to raise exemption, kids are automatically exempted, as they are dependent and immediate family member.
We just need a valid visa to travel.

Pls check below link, and correct any:

In the link it's mentioned, Child having visa 101, 102, 445 doesn't require an exemption, but we will be entering on visitor visa 600. Hence, I thought exemption is required in this case.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Dear All,

Similar situation with me, Applied on 4th Dec2020, Have done medicals and submitted pre natal records. Since then, its 'Further Assessment'

·
Registered
61 Posts
Similar situation with me, Applied on 4th Dec2020, Have done medicals and submitted pre natal records. Since then, its 'Further Assessment'
Btw, I know few people in one of the whatsapp group who applied in nov 2020 and got the visitor visa within 2-3 days. I was wondering if I did some mistake while applying until I read this thread. So I am not alone!.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
In the link it's mentioned, Child having visa 101, 102, 445 doesn't require an exemption, but we will be entering on visitor visa 600. Hence, I thought exemption is required in this case.
IamWinner, I think as per below , they have categorized the dependent family members, who can enter with any valid visa without exemption. Moreover if you have Partner (subclasses 100, 309, 801, 820) and Child (subclasses 101, 102, 445) you do not have to raise a exemption.

You are only considered to be an immediate family member if you are:
  • a spouse
  • a de facto partner
  • a dependent child
  • a legal guardian.
Partner (subclasses 100, 309, 801, 820) and Child (subclasses 101, 102, 445) visa holders can come to Australia. You do not need to request an exemption to Australia’s travel restrictions.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Btw, I know few people in one of the whatsapp group who applied in nov 2020 and got the visitor visa within 2-3 days. I was wondering if I did some mistake while applying until I read this thread. So I am not alone!.
If we refer to below thread, there are people who applied in June and got the earliest visa by Oct, so the trend was 4 month processing. So definitely someone getting in 2-3 days in the month of Nov is surprising.

·
Registered
61 Posts
If we refer to below thread, there are people who applied in June and got the earliest visa by Oct, so the trend was 4 month processing. So definitely someone getting in 2-3 days in the month of Nov is surprising.
For reference I am attaching 2 snapshots

PERSON 1-
4BD7F29A-635C-47A2-99CC-EABB83D5C197.jpeg

PERSON 2

88AE2A4B-007B-44B1-9470-5331276A46EB.jpeg

1 - 20 of 78 Posts