Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Visitor (Tourist) (subclass 600) Visa Processing Time?

10K views 46 replies 19 participants last post by  gggGman 
#1 ·
Hello everyone,

My parents applied for the visitor visa and done their biometrics collection. On the website - it says processing time varies between 8-20 months which I highly doubt that would be the case. Has anybody applied for this visa quite recently and got a positive result? If so, how long did it take? Thank you! :)

#2 ·
Hey Mate. I just applied on 30th Oct 2021 and exemption the same day. Just been now 5 days back. Medicals were done yesterday and now just waiting. Exciting time ahead, lets see how long it takes. I doubt too, I reckon it should be issued within 2 weeks at least.

#7 ·
Without the exemption letter, the chances of grant are extremely low
You can upload it under others
Just make sure that you name the file properly
Cheers

#10 ·
Hi.

I am applying for visitor visa for my family ( wife and daughter) . Is there any invitation letter needed? @sandeshrego @NB
It is not mandatory to have invitation letter for Subclass 600, but it will be a good evidence to support your application for your wife and daughter.
Also, you may have to fill Form 1149 (as a sponsor) if you apply under family sponsored stream.

#14 ·
Tourist stream is generally preferred for the reason that it comes with lesser conditions (without 8531 generally) and includes less documentation.

#19 ·
You can address it to DHA
There is no format as such
Just write that you will bear all their lodging boarding and travelling expenses as long as they are in Australia
Cheers

#20 ·
Hi Friends,

I am thinking about applying 600 class visitor visa for my parents. They have their both Covid vaccines already.
My father is around 66 yrs and my mother is around 61 yrs old, They visited us in 2018 and stayed for 5 months, that visa has expired already.
1) What are the documents we need to produce during this covid time?
2) Do I need the exemption letter for submitting the application?

Thanks

#21 ·
#32 · (Edited)
Congratulations @rvarmae! Did you apply for sponsored stream or the normal one (within 600)? I want to bring my parents-in-law from India but unfortunately I can't sponsor in-laws. I was just wondering whether they would consider the application if it is without the sponsorship. I could still apply for travel exemption as they would consider parent-in-laws as parents. Any help is much appreciated.

Tagging @NB; your posts were helpful elsewhere. Any insights on this one?

#45 ·
Hi everyone.
For those who had their friends, relatives, or loved ones' visitor visas granted, how long did it take? Was it two weeks? I'm really keen on seeing my partner again after 2 years. He applied last week.
Hi, I have a PR and I applied for a 600 (sponsored family) visa for my mother on January 30th, we are both staying offshore. I received the grant on February 14th. Basically, it takes around 2 weeks to process.

#43 ·
Hi everyone,
For those who had their friends/relatives/loved ones visitor visas granted, how long did it take? Was it two weeks? Really keen on seeing my partner again after 2 years. He applied last week.
It’s absolutely arbitary
Some are granted in days, some in months
You just can’t be sure
Cheers

#44 · (Edited)
Hi,

I am about to finalise the visitor visa application for my parents. I have recently moved to a new property. In my payslip, it is still reflecting the old address because I forgot to update that.
I will attach the first page of the signed contract for the new property as address proof.
In my bank statement and nbn invoice, I have the latest address. is it sufficient for address proof?

Do I also need to provide form 956A for both my parents as I will be submitting the application on their behalf?
Do we need passport size photos as well for them?

Thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.