Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Can I have you advice for the following matter related to visitor visa sub-class 600 please:
I am currently full-time scientist at Agriculture Victoria Research division and my wife is a PhD student under Australia Award Scholarship. We are planing to invite my wife's parents here for a 2-wk visit. Should my wife or I be the inviter for best? If I invite is there an impact to the visa decision?
The reason is that if I invite I can prepare documents more easily than my wife.

Regards,
Phuong

·
Registered
5,859 Posts
I see why it would be a problem you being the sponsor. A mate recently invited his in laws, but that was the regular visitor visa (not the sponsored type), but he did attach his pay stubs, bank statement, and address proof. House is rented by both the partners though.

Also see form 1418 (from here: Departmental forms) "Who can be a sponsor?"

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I see why it would be a problem you being the sponsor. A mate recently invited his in laws, but that was the regular visitor visa (not the sponsored type), but he did attach his pay stubs, bank statement, and address proof. House is rented by both the partners though.

Hi, thanks for the reply. I looked at the forms and can see clearly that in-laws cannot be a sponsor. However, when I called DIBP they said 'no problem'. I am a bit confused.

·
Registered
31 Posts

Hi, thanks for the reply. I looked at the forms and can see clearly that in-laws cannot be a sponsor. However, when I called DIBP they said 'no problem'. I am a bit confused.
Just put them on a regular visit visa not the sponsored one as mentioned by fellow member. You/wife will need to give a letter of invite to them to come and stay with you for couple of weeks for xyz reasons and attach your bank statements, rental form, couple of payslips ( this is to show that you can take care of their living expenses). That should be fine.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
@agnel25: yes this is what I have just been recommended by another DIBP operator. As my wife is on student visa and I am their son in-law so we cannot be their sponsor for the Family Sponsored stream. Instead, we simply do the Tourist Stream (as your recommendation as well) and provide a letter of invitation and a bank statement and payslips. I guess these should be enough to get them here for just 2 weeks.
Thanks

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
friends, I have a doubt whether a person needs to show some financial backup when applying for visit visa 600. My agent was asking for 13 lakhs INR

·
Registered
31 Posts
friends, I have a doubt whether a person needs to show some financial backup when applying for visit visa 600. My agent was asking for 13 lakhs INR
If your applying on visitor visa stream then you dont need to. The things what I have told in previous post should suffice. Sponsored would need financial backup (not sure how your agent got 13lakhs numbers though.!)

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
If your applying on visitor visa stream then you dont need to. The things what I have told in previous post should suffice. Sponsored would need financial backup (not sure how your agent got 13lakhs numbers though.!)
Thanks for the quick reply, my wife is applying for visit visa for bridging course in Australia, so now she needs 3 months visa for that. While applying for the visit visa, my agent was telling that if you have a bank balance of 13 lakhs it is good to get the visa easily. Also, in my case, my wife is having her mothers brother over there and they are Australian citizens.
So I have doubt that a letter from the uncle is sufficient to prove the financial ability for the visit visa or should I show some independent 13 lakhs in my account as her husband?

·
Registered
577 Posts
Thanks for the quick reply, my wife is applying for visit visa for bridging course in Australia, so now she needs 3 months visa for that. While applying for the visit visa, my agent was telling that if you have a bank balance of 13 lakhs it is good to get the visa easily. Also, in my case, my wife is having her mothers brother over there and they are Australian citizens.
So I have doubt that a letter from the uncle is sufficient to prove the financial ability for the visit visa or should I show some independent 13 lakhs in my account as her husband?
You prepare the documents as per https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa...bclass-600)-Tourist-Stream-document-checklist

They require evidence of funds enough for the duration of your stay. If you intend to spend 13 lakhs by all means show that kind of bank balance.
Rest is up to you.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi friends,
I am new to this forum and I submitted sponsored visa(1149) for my parents last week.

From the comments in this thread.. seems like I shoud have applied 1418.

What is the difference between the two?
Can I still change something so that my parents can visit around mid Nov?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts