Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is this true can someone please explain this to me

Hell all new here
I am applying for a Visitor Marriage Visa to go to the UK marry my fiance comeback and the the spousal visa
I am hearing conflicting reports that say it would be hard to get and i would have to convince the ECO about my Canadian status

Is this true

I need to submit evidence of strong ties to Canada in order for the application to succeed. This is where I feel you've had poor legal advice.

I will come back i apply for a Spousal Visa

A marriage visitor visa is for someone who wants to marry in the UK but has no intention of settling there. The fact that your future wife is a UK resident is likely to raise questions.

You still have the option of submitting a fiance visa application, which would mean you wouldn't have to return to Canada after the wedding and start a new application for a spouse settlement visa. This could be done in the UK once you're married. In my opinion, it's simply wasted time and money.

Please inform if this is true

·
Super Moderator
5,193 Posts
If I were you, I'd just get a standard Fiancé Visa, come over and get married then go directly for an FLR(M) visa (basically a Spouse visa)... you can either mail the FLR(M) application in from within the UK or go to one of the seven (7) Visa Premium Service Centres (it's like a Service Canada office but for UK immigration related issues) across the UK and get a response the same day (£400 surcharge applies, in addition to the application fee)

If you do it that way, you don't have to leave, you can apply as soon as you're married without having to leave your new bride (i.e. as soon as the ink on your marriage certificate has dried, you're good to go and apply - I went to a same-day appointment 3 days after my wedding) and while the FLR(M) visa is being considered, you're allowed to stay in the UK i.e. if you have mailed in your application and haven't received a response on your FLR(M) visa on the date that your Fiancé Visa expires, you can stay without fear of being considered an overstayer.

Lots to consider... good luck and congratulations on your upcoming wedding!

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Fiance visa

some one please point me to the Fiance visa. application i would like read the info ..
thanks

·
Super Moderator
5,193 Posts
Have a look here.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.