Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi, I'm new here.

I'm studying in UK and my fiance is studying in Germany. We are both non-EEA.

We plan to get married in England where I'm living. But we made a mistake when giving notice at the registry office as he was on a general visitor visa at that moment. When preparing the real wedding trip we found it breaches the immigration rules to give notice before applying for the visitor for marriage.

Is there any chance the immigration office will accept the explanation of the honest mistake and issue the visa of visitor for marriage, please? I‘m quite upset and nervous these days. We haven't submit the application yet as I'm worried he might be rejected and get an entry ban as a penalty.

Thanks for your kind help to give some suggestion or give me some relief.

·
Registered
39,029 Posts
What are your plans? Where are you going to live together following your marriage? Your answers will dictate what we can advise you.
If you want to live in UK, where your fiancé has to apply for a suitable visa, such as student dependant or another student visa, the fact of your irregularity will be revealed. While it's not a very serious matter, you should be upfront and declare it and take responsibility for your actions. But if you aren't going to live in UK, then it's not a big issue.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What are your plans? Where are you going to live together following your marriage? Your answers will dictate what we can advise you.
If you want to live in UK, where your fiancé has to apply for a suitable visa, such as student dependant or another student visa, the fact of your irregularity will be revealed. While it's not a very serious matter, you should be upfront and declare it and take responsibility for your actions. But if you aren't going to live in UK, then it's not a big issue.
Thanks for your quick reply. After marriage, he is going back to Germany to finish the course. But after finishing the course, he might go back to our country to apply for a student dependent visa to live with me in UK. (I will remain here as student for another two years) I'm worrying if we provide the giving notice confirmation letter for the visitor of marriage visa, the irregularity will be revealed. The visitor for marriage visa might not be issued. If we hide the fact the notification has been given, it might affect the future visa application.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.