Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know the procedure I need to follow to have a member of family visit us for couple weeks or so?

·
Registered
134 Posts
we did for my mom, last year, but we did a bit cheeky, we did not say that its mom, , because of all the paperwork, we state on application form FRIEND visiting. + we provide salary slip from my hubbys work, copy passport of mom. that's it. went to immigration put the deposit, dont remember how much, but i believe during DSF no need. visa was about 150, less than 200 dirhams. she is from Kirghizia, so it might be a bit different with US citizens. hope my info helps

·
Registered
2 Posts
If she's US citizen then no need to get visa. If she stays for more than a month then need extension when she get there. That's what I will be doin when I visit my sister there in 2 weeks.. Good luck!

·
Registered
4,052 Posts
Does anyone know the procedure I need to follow to have a member of family visit us for couple weeks or so?
If the family member is a US citizen (or from the elite 33 countries) it should not be an issue and they can get visa on arrival. If not then usually the airline also can sponsor the visa (check the website if it is Emirates/Air Arabia/Etihad). Else you can check out the process ChunkyKitty mentioned

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.