Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:) hello,

im very happy that iv joined a forum that not only helps but gives a good advice to start with.....

im visiting for the first time to melbourne with my 3 kids,so i want to knw hw is the weather to carry clothes and what are the best attractions for family.wat are the cheapest places for shopping.plz let me knw quickly as ill b travelling on friday

·
Registered
645 Posts
:) hello,

im very happy that iv joined a forum that not only helps but gives a good advice to start with.....

im visiting for the first time to melbourne with my 3 kids,so i want to knw hw is the weather to carry clothes and what are the best attractions for family.wat are the cheapest places for shopping.plz let me knw quickly as ill b travelling on friday

Here are the places i visited when i was there
1) Phillip island - Penguin parade
2) Healesville sanctuary
3) Ballarat
4) Great Ocean Road
5) CBD -> Mel Zoo and aquatic park(forgot the name of this park but it was really good)

·
Premium Member
3,447 Posts
Weather is cold and rainy with no end in sight. Welcome to spring in Melbourne.

Cheap(ish) shopping: Queen Victoria Market for souvenirs and assorted knick-knacks (not to mention cheap eats), Smith Street in Collingwood for athletic wear, Bridge Road in Richmond for clothes (factory outlets), DFO at either South Wharf or Essendon (haven't been to the Essendon one but SW isn't too bad). I thought Harbour Town in Docklands was pretty crap, but some people seem to like it. Melbourne doesn't do "cheap" shopping very well IMO - better to buy a cheap flight to KL or Hong Kong and shop there!

For shopping for things you wouldn't really find anywhere else: Gertrude Street in Fitzroy (great little artsy street with cool shops and cafes), Brunswick Street in Fitzroy (thrift shops galore), Melbourne GPO in the City (higher end international chains), Chapel Street in South Yarra (some cool boutiques with local designers mixed in with larger chains), St Kilda Arts and Crafts Market on Sundays on the Esplanade (all local designers).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.