Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We're traveling extremely last minute to London to attend a funeral, and have not got a booking yet for a place to stay. Is this potentially going to cause a problem with passport control? I am a US citizen traveling with my UK/US dual citizen boyfriend.

We booked the flights earlier today and are flying tomorrow night. We could book something for the first night, but are hoping to finalize a one week flat rental on Monday.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
12 Posts
You need to have an address of where you are staying in the UK to put on your landing card. If you don't they're likely to hassle you about it. The first time I came I didn't know the address of where I was staying and got a lot of extra scrutiny, but ultimately was allowed in. The most important thing to have at passport control is your travel document showing a return flight to the US.

·
Registered
39,065 Posts
We're traveling extremely last minute to London to attend a funeral, and have not got a booking yet for a place to stay. Is this potentially going to cause a problem with passport control? I am a US citizen traveling with my UK/US dual citizen boyfriend. We booked the flights earlier today and are flying tomorrow night. We could book something for the first night, but are hoping to finalize a one week flat rental on Monday. Thanks in advance.
It can be. You must write something under your address in UK on the immigration card you complete and leaving it blank will definitely lead to some questions being asked. Don't put a friend or relative's address as you will be asked for evidence, such as letter of invitation. So go online at Booking.com or Expedia and try to book something for the first night even a b&b on the outskirt (more likely to have vacancy).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.