Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I'm a Canadian Citizen living in the UK with my partner (Bulgarian citizen) and 6 year stepdaughter (dual UK/Buglarian citizen). I'd like to visit Canada with them for a week, however my girlfriend is concerned travelling with a minor without getting permission from her ex.

She has a court order, giving her sole custody of my step daughter, that also authorises her take my step daughter out of the UKfor up to 4 weeks at a time without needing permission from her ex (she's been doing this for for a number of trips to Bulgaria over the last few years without any problems...). However, she's concerned about whether she could be denied entry to Canada with my step daughter even if she brings her court order, if she can't get written "permission" from her ex husband.

Assuming she can't get permission (very low probability...) does that mean that my step daughter pretty much can't visit Canada till she's a teenager? My partner and I will probably have a child of our own in the next couple of years... would hate to think that only 3/4 of our family would be able to visit canada until my step daughter turns 18...

Anyone have any experience with this? THe Canadian immigration people were not helpful - basically saying everything was case by case, but that she could have a lot of problems without the letter and the court order wouldn't help. What's the risk of getting turned away at the border?

Cheers!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.