Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

My parents applied for a UK family visitor visa over 2 weeks ago from Dhaka. They had an interesting experience at the VSF centre in Dhaka where they submitted their docs etc. The VSF officer returned some documents including a cover letter, their marriage certificate, and their land registry documents (to show they own their house). The officer said all this is not necessary for the application?!

Anyways, its been over 2 weeks now and they havent heard any news. They have reference numbers but dont know how to chase the applications or get any updates. When they submitted the applications they were told they would hear in 1 week! How do we chase this application to get an update? Its worrying its taking so long.

thanks

zeddie

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Joppa,

Thanks for your reply. Im more worried at the fact that the VSF officer didnt accept some of the supporting documents at the time my parents submitted the visa application in Dhaka. The guy rejected the lawyers cover letter, the land registry document for their house, and their marriage certificate. Naturally the lawyer we are using was quite angry with this and said they cant make a decision without these missing documents as they then might refuse them the visa. So she wrote to them about the treatment my parents received at the VSF office in Dhaka and about how the officer wouldnt take all the supporting documents. She got the following reply yesterday:

> Dear Madam,
>
> Thank you for contacting the UK Visas and Immigration international enquiry service.
>
> We would like to apologise regarding delay in responding to your escalated matter, we have received response regarding the same, which states " they will not accept any documents once application is submitted at visa application centre".
>
> For any further details, or should you need to contact us again please
> refer to our website
> select appropriate country, click next and then select "E-Mail form" and complete as instructed. We will aim to come back to you within 1 day.
>
> Kind regards,
> P.Rehlan
> UK Visas and Immigration International Enquiry Service

So she again wrote back to them saying this is completely unacceptable and she wishes to make a complaint. My dad was asked to not submit those documents at the time of submission so its not his fault that all the documents arent there! Im just worried now as to how long they will take to deal with this complaint and how long this will drag on. Really wanted to see my parents soon. Can they still make a favorable decision without the missing documents?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just received this email at my mothers email address:The processed visa application for GWF reference number - GWF036106274 was received at the UK Visa Application Centre on 7/2/2015 .
If a courier service was purchased from VFS Global, your processed application will be delivered to the chosen address.
If not, your documents can be collected during the designated passport collection times.
Please note this is an auto generated e-mail. Please do NOT reply to this email.
Celebrating 100 Million Applications!

Any idea what this means

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi.. As i said in my original post, this is quite a unique situation where at the time of submission, some necessary documents were rejected by the vsf staff member. Hence I wanted to know if the application is now being processed without those supporting docs. This wouldn't be good at all. Worried about a rejection now.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just got this: We understand that you would like to know about the current status of your
visa application. I have tracked the status and found that the application
has been processed and a decision was made and it should be with you in the
next few days.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
They got refused :( Attached are the refusal letters for both mum and dad and an extra contact address letter they sent. I find their reasons for refusal to be ridiculous and unfair, specially since they were missing some key documents including the lawyers cover letter and the land registry document which would show they own a property, through no fault of our own as you know full well. (The guy at the VSF counter said not to submit these letters)

We are sad, angry and don’t know where to turn. Is it worth reapplying, if so how? There is no appeal.. no one to complain to. We have written to them but they have not responded at all.

Please advise :(

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi all,

My parents applied for a UK family visitor visa over 2 weeks ago from Dhaka. They had an interesting experience at the VSF centre in Dhaka where they submitted their docs etc. The VSF officer returned some documents including a cover letter, their marriage certificate, and their land registry documents (to show they own their house). The officer said all this is not necessary for the application?!

Anyways, its been over 2 weeks now and they havent heard any news. They have reference numbers but dont know how to chase the applications or get any updates. When they submitted the applications they were told they would hear in 1 week! How do we chase this application to get an update? Its worrying its taking so long.

thanks

zeddie
You can also try writing a letter as a lot of the time its quicker as they provide some meaningful information.

·
Registered
80 Posts
They got refused :( Attached are the refusal letters for both mum and dad and an extra contact address letter they sent. I find their reasons for refusal to be ridiculous and unfair, specially since they were missing some key documents including the lawyers cover letter and the land registry document which would show they own a property, through no fault of our own as you know full well. (The guy at the VSF counter said not to submit these letters)

We are sad, angry and don’t know where to turn. Is it worth reapplying, if so how? There is no appeal.. no one to complain to. We have written to them but they have not responded at all.

Please advise :(
Best way reapply with fresh application and all supporting documents

·
Registered
7,365 Posts
The letter states that your parents show income of 0. However they receive dividends from time to time. So they did not provide evidence of employment? (maybe they are retired?)

Why did you include a lawyer's cover letter? What was its purpose?

You can only re-apply with more documentation.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks guys, Yes my dad is retired but works as a director for his friends travel agency. He hasnt made any money from this business yet, and will only do so once the company itself makes profit. His only income is from the interest in his bank accounts. The lawyers cover letter explained all this. It is the VSF's fault for not even accepting the land registry document at the time of submission. There must be some way to complain as the refusal letter said we didnt submit evidence on property.. We have written to UKVI using their forms but didnt get any kind of reply.

So we have to reapply with a letter explaining everything? Not sure what other documents we can include and specially if the VSF staff in dhaka are so rude and chose what to accept and reject on the time of submission.

thanks for the advice guys.. we need to know what we can do differently the 2nd time.. will the eco take the previous refusal into account?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.