Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All!

I applied for a 30 days tourist visa on Monday 25th November for myself, my wife and my infant daughter through Etihad Airways. The visas for my wife and daughter were received on Friday 29th November but I haven't got my visa yet. We have been to UAE before on a 14 days entry permit. Could anyone please let me know if someone else is facing the similar issue or what can be the reason?

I would highly appreciate any reply.

Regards,

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Today I called and asked Etihad, they informed me your visa has been rejected and the visas for your wife and infant daughter have been approved. I thought before applying that the problem may be otherwise. They haven't stated the reason but have mentioned that I can re-apply.

Can I re-apply again through my brother who lives in abu dhabi and holds a resident visa? Will it be of any help? What are the chances of approval/rejection in this case and what things should I look for before re-applying?

Btw I have been to UAE before for a week on a 14 days entry permit.

·
Registered
5,362 Posts
I think that's worth a try. Then, if it is rejected, he may be able to find out why. Is there any way you did anything while you were here that left an unpaid fine?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No, never, nothing. Btw I have the receipt # that Etihad gives to track the visa status. Will it be of any help in finding out the reason If I provide that to my brother?

Thanks for your help though.

·
Registered
5,362 Posts
He could try. Honestly, I'm not an expert but there must be something in the system. Perhaps you have the same name as someone else who did do something?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts