Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there. I have query about re-entry. Any help much appreciated. My frien is planning to visit the UK for a couple of months and travel around the UK staying with me and other friends. He will have a return flight booked back to the US and will be visiting as a tourist. However, we would like to go and visit my brother in Spain together for a week max during this stay and then him come back to the UK until his return flight to the U.S. Will there be an issue with this? I know US citizens often travel around Europe as tourists and have no problem. My concern is that he will be re entering the UK and wondered whether this might be an issue. Any help much appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
171 Posts
For a visit that long, definitely tell him to carry proof of funds and ties back to the US (flight itineraries to/from Spain/US, proof of employment/enrolment in studies). I personally know people from the US who have recently been turned away at the border for not providing the entry clearance officer with satisfactory evidence of intent to return.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi there. So sorry for long delay! I did not get any notifications for this thread.

Can you tell me what happened with your friends? On what grounds specifically were they refused entry??

Thanks

·
Registered
39,148 Posts
Usually not having strong ties at home. No clear itinerary. Lack of funds or work. Recent history of visa denial. Suspicions about trying to live rather than merely visit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.