Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello
I want to apply for visit visa to united states to visit my brother who is resident there and work as a dentist . How can he sponsor me financially in front of the embassy? What documents or form should he offer to sponsor my visit?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
755 Posts
Visitor Visas - Business and Pleasure

Look at the link it will show the documents you need.

You brother does not provide any paperwork saying he will support you during your visit. A B2 visa is just for a visit not to move to the USA.

It is up to you to provide the documents. You need to show the Embassy you will return to you country after your visit, and you have enough income to support your visit.

You should provide: Bank statements, lease or mortgage that you have, letter of employment.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Visitor Visas - Business and Pleasure

Look at the link it will show the documents you need.

You brother does not provide any paperwork saying he will support you during your visit. A B2 visa is just for a visit not to move to the USA.

It is up to you to provide the documents. You need to show the Embassy you will return to you country after your visit, and you have enough income to support your visit.

You should provide: Bank statements, lease or mortgage that you have, letter of employment.
Thanks for your answer ,i do not have bank account now ,most of banks in lebanon are refusing to open accounts for syrians because of the american sanctions over Syria so that why i need my brother to sponsor me . do you have any idea ??

thanks in advance

·
Banned
6,189 Posts
Your brother could complete Form I-134 if he's willing and able. Even with his sponsorship there's no guarantee you'll get approval for a B-2 visa, but you can try.

I should probably mention that the U.S. may not process any visa applications during a federal government shutdown. The U.S. Congress has not passed budgetary appropriations to support government operations past September 30, 2013, as I write this, so the federal government is expected to shut down on October 1, 2013, and will remain shut down until Congress (Senate and House) passes appropriations that the President agrees to. Various mandatory federal government operations will continue, but a lot of them will shut down, including most probably visa processing.

That probably won't affect you since you're just getting started (and assuming the shutdown is not too long), but I thought I'd mention it in case you were wondering.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts