Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I am new to the forum, been browsing thorough and find this website a god send ... so helpful to me as am new to all of this!

Just wanted some advice about the different visa's really.

I am currently studying at uni fo a degree in Midwifery and should qualify next year, I have always wanted to emigrate Ausralia which was the plan as soon as I qualify but its been sugested to me to try the 12 month workig visa to travel as I've never visited before.

So now very unsure what to do .... so any suggestion/advice would be welcomed :)

Thanks

Michala x

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
Hi Michaela:

Normally to get PR visas you need work experience in your field and as a new graduate you won't have that. A WHV (working holiday visa) is a temp visa which allows you to work in AU (any field). It's meant as a way to have an extended holiday in AU and as part of that you'd also experience living here.

Time is your advantage here, if you have the long term goal of settling in Australia then look at the SOL, MODL, and CSL skills lists to see if you fit into one of those and then get to working to build up the work experience requirement.

Once you have that then go for one of the PR visas (175/176).

Hi all,

I am new to the forum, been browsing thorough and find this website a god send ... so helpful to me as am new to all of this!

Just wanted some advice about the different visa's really.

I am currently studying at uni fo a degree in Midwifery and should qualify next year, I have always wanted to emigrate Ausralia which was the plan as soon as I qualify but its been sugested to me to try the 12 month workig visa to travel as I've never visited before.

So now very unsure what to do .... so any suggestion/advice would be welcomed :)

Thanks

Michala x

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
Don't forget thought that the WHV stipulates that you cannot work for the same company for more than 6 months.

Dolly

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks both for your help :)

It is a long term goal, so gaining experience here is something I hope to do, but not guarenteed a job here at the moment so will have to see!

If I was to go on the WHV I would like to travel anyway as I have never visited so think it would be good to explore my options firstly.

Michala x

1 - 4 of 4 Posts