Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hiya, we have been in Oz for 6 months now and used this forum to answer some questions along the way. We are having a great time in Perth and loving the heat and have enjoyed our first hot Xmas! My parents came over to enjoy this with us and have also fallen in love with Australia. I have agreed to start to look at visas for them, ideally the cheapest option. I have looked at the 103 visa and the requirement to have a sponsor and wondered if anyone has experience of this they can share- has anyone sponsoredf a parent- what is involved- do I have to be able to prove the ability to look after them financially?
I have loads of questions and would love any information you could offer,

Thanks again
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
:plane:

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
Hi there,

Do you have any siblings or is it just you? I ask because of the stipulation:

• At least half of your parents children are permanently resident in Australia
• They have more children living permanently in Australia than any other country

Dolly

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
You do have to show you have funds to be a a sponsor and also to be able to provide a bond of 10 yrs when their visa is granted.

The class 103 has a normal wait of 10 yrs or more (only 2000/yr granted and a large queue exists). So you have some time even if you do apply now.

Even if you went for class 143 (contributory parent visa) you are still looking at 2-3 yrs of waiting (there are more provided per year, but still a queue, although not as large as the 103 queue).

At this time you are looking at $70000+ for a 143 class visa for two parents.

Hiya, we have been in Oz for 6 months now and used this forum to answer some questions along the way. We are having a great time in Perth and loving the heat and have enjoyed our first hot Xmas! My parents came over to enjoy this with us and have also fallen in love with Australia. I have agreed to start to look at visas for them, ideally the cheapest option. I have looked at the 103 visa and the requirement to have a sponsor and wondered if anyone has experience of this they can share- has anyone sponsoredf a parent- what is involved- do I have to be able to prove the ability to look after them financially?
I have loads of questions and would love any information you could offer,

Thanks again
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
:plane:

·
Registered
15 Posts
is there any method around the balance of family test?
i ask as my brother in laws skilled visa was stalled by the economic crisis last year.
he contacted the government and was told that his application would not be looked at for 3 yrs...
in the mean time he has taken my sister back to england
and my brother has joined the army
so i now fail the balance of family test for my parents :(

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
No exceptions to the Balance of Family test.

is there any method around the balance of family test?
i ask as my brother in laws skilled visa was stalled by the economic crisis last year.
he contacted the government and was told that his application would not be looked at for 3 yrs...
in the mean time he has taken my sister back to england
and my brother has joined the army
so i now fail the balance of family test for my parents :(

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi there,

Do you have any siblings or is it just you? I ask because of the stipulation:

• At least half of your parents children are permanently resident in Australia
• They have more children living permanently in Australia than any other country

Dolly
Hiya. I have one brother at home in England so I am one of the halves :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts