Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all
Not been on since October , lots have happened et et et
House sold on the Thursday and I was on the plane to oz that Sunday.
That was all most 3 months ago.
Here on a hol visa, Need to renew it before 18th of Jan.
Have I got to leave oz or can I go somewhere to have another 3 months stamp ?
I have the chance of a job by sponsorship( I’m 48 remember )
but here in oz they are just going back to work today . great life LOL.
so again any info on that would be of a great help.
I have a 2 year old van in England , won’t get alot for it there but here the vans cost are unbelievable .
So I’m thinking IF I can get here on sponsorship ,Does anyone know if it is a better idea to fill my van with the bits from England Tools and personal stuff and ship the lot here.
I am not sure who or where to ask and go on this

Thanks A lot for any help.

Tony Carroll

lot for any Help

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
Hi Tony:

You've got to leave Oz to get another 3 month stamp, for a visa run you can go to New Zealand and return and that is sufficient.

As for your van it's not as simple as filling it with bits and shipping it here (AU is not the same rules as EU countries).

At the very least your van will be quarantined and then customs will ask for alot of docs to release it. Also you'd have to get your van registered here so please thoroughly check out the costs to get your van checked out and legal for AU.

If you can get sponsorship, sell your van in England and come here to buy another one. Least amount of hassle. Sponsorship is still a matter of months and you can't usually stay here while it's being processed.

Hello all
Not been on since October , lots have happened et et et
House sold on the Thursday and I was on the plane to oz that Sunday.
That was all most 3 months ago.
Here on a hol visa, Need to renew it before 18th of Jan.
Have I got to leave oz or can I go somewhere to have another 3 months stamp ?
I have the chance of a job by sponsorship( I’m 48 remember )
but here in oz they are just going back to work today . great life LOL.
so again any info on that would be of a great help.
I have a 2 year old van in England , won’t get alot for it there but here the vans cost are unbelievable .
So I’m thinking IF I can get here on sponsorship ,Does anyone know if it is a better idea to fill my van with the bits from England Tools and personal stuff and ship the lot here.
I am not sure who or where to ask and go on this

Thanks A lot for any help.

Tony Carroll

lot for any Help

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi and thanks
I am living in Perth western australia .
Have i got to go as far as new zeland or can I go to Bali and return for the 3 months holiday visa from there .
And how long would it take.
Is it done at the air port or need to go some where on the island .
Thanks
tony

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
Hi Tony:

Yes, you can go to Bali as it's closer. Essentially you need to get the exit stamp when you leave AU (normal exit stamp) and then a new entry stamp when your return to AU (normal entry stamp). The country you go to can be any outside of AU.

New Zealand is common for most of the East Coast of AU, with Perth you have other choices like Singapore, Bali, Hong Kong.

You don't have to spend a few days in Bali, but hey I would just 'cause it's nice place :)

It's all done at the airport.

Hi and thanks
I am living in Perth western australia .
Have i got to go as far as new zeland or can I go to Bali and return for the 3 months holiday visa from there .
And how long would it take.
Is it done at the air port or need to go some where on the island .
Thanks
tony

1 - 4 of 4 Posts