Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hello
so me and my partner would love to move to australia - now before anyone says yes i am 19 and he is 21 but age shouldn't matter we have as much to offer as anyone any age
i just don't know the best way to do it and nothing makes that much sense to me
I've tried going down the working holiday route but its just so expensive so that ruled that one out
I've tried going down the just plain straight immigration route but that is just impossible
now I'm thinking of sponsorship but i know that its hard especially as theres two of us who would need separate sponsorships
i have family in australia, my late Grandmothers husband, my 3 uncles and their families all of which are british and moved over before things got tricky, I'm not a minor and live independently and they are not my last remaining relatives so that rules that out.
i was just wandering how i would go about moving there, any advice would be helpful and much appreciated
also on a side note if none of the other options are possible i am going to uni in a few years (hopefully) to study midwifery would it be possible to move there once i qualify and work here for a few years ?
lots of questions

NOTES
i am 19
my partner is 21
we are not married nor engaged but we do live together
i am trained as a hotel receptionist and school receptionist and in a bar kitchen
he is trained as a bartender and in bar kitchens and as a shop assistant

also a totally random question - but if we WERE to move there is it safe to take our dog ( a staffordshire bull terrier ) I've heard some breeds are banned. and I've heard horror stories about pilots not turning the heat on in the hold and animals freezing to death

also if all this is possible could you tell me what visas we would need and how to go about it and i know this sounds ridiculously stupid but the dog doesn't need a visa does it haha ...just to be careful and all :)

G

·
As it stands you don't stand much chance of getting a temporary or permanent visa. You need skills, qualifications and experience in a skilled occupation for that. Having family wont help much because although they could sponsor you you still need to be skilled in a profession Australia needs. http://www.immi.gov.au/visawizard/

You could go on a working holiday visa, have some fun and work a little then come home. Or once of you could go to college or university, gain a qualification and then experience in that and hope you can later apply for a visa with those skills. As a midwife you would stand a good chance of getting a visa.

Not being married is not an issue so long as you are a defacto couple ie living together as man and wife as if you were married. Australia does not recognise boyfriend/girlfriend relationships for visa purposes.

No idea what dogs are not allowed in to Australia, you should find that on here Australian Quarantine and Inspection Service - Department of Agriculture, Fisheries and Forestry but the info re letting animals freeze to death, ridiculous! Never heard of it in all my time floating around the migration forums.

·
Registered
590 Posts
As Shel says, given both your ages I doubt that you would qualify for any of the PR visas since you would not have a) any experience in a relevant field b) hold a degree.

Your best bet would be to go the Working Holiday Visa route. If you work in a rural area for 3 months doing farm work and the such then you would be entitled to a 2nd year (and then that is it!)

Working Holiday Visa (Subclass 417)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.