Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
6,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my mate (who's been here for a few years) had to renew his 30 day visa 4 days ago, he didn't realise, basically got his dates wrong. So we were talking last night, and i came up with a suggestion.......

So instead of Hatta he went to RAK - they're much more laid back there - took a AED40 box of Arabic sweets and walked in at Iftar, said Ramadan kareem and Salam allay cum, gave over the gift - because you can't arrive at iftar without one, bottomline was no fine, so he saved himself 200+100+100+100-40=460Dhs.

Cool eh?

Now on the way out, he queried the amount of days - have you seen that they don't now stamp 30 days on your passport, and he was told that it is now 40 days......

And that was from the border guy.

·
Registered
17 Posts
When I went to Hatta they said still stamped it for 30 days but the chap behind the counter said it is valid for 40. I fly home for a week 34 days into the visa. what are the chances of someone at the airport stopping me and saying i have overstayed? because in the end it will just be my word that the border official said this?

·
Registered
19 Posts
When I went to Hatta they said still stamped it for 30 days but the chap behind the counter said it is valid for 40. I fly home for a week 34 days into the visa. what are the chances of someone at the airport stopping me and saying i have overstayed? because in the end it will just be my word that the border official said this?
i've flown home twice now with when i've been 4-5 days over and not a word was said.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
i just got a fine leaving Dubai last week, i overstayed 3 days - 300 aed fine, i was here for 43 days.

if you do hatta border i think its still 30 days with 10 days grace, after that fine time....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.