Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I am currently filling out my application for a Spouse Visa (Category A) from the United States and I have couple of fields I needs clarification on.

Travel History Section

1) I have traveled to Canada in the past 10 years, but the question tells me to exclude commonwealth countries. Is there anywhere I should be listing my travel to this country? It feels wrong to not list it at all. Also, despite the wording of the question, it does appear as an option in the dropdown list provided.

Employment Section

1) These are my details as the applicant, and not my sponsor's details. Correct? I'm not sure why they are asking if it doesn't count towards anything.

2) Should I add specify that my income is in USD or should I convert it to GBP?

3) Do I need to provide any evidence of my employment as the applicant?

Thank you!

·
Registered
5,570 Posts
Are you sure Commonwealth countries are excluded? Last I checked the online application, it asks for UK-specific travel, and then all other travel outside your home country.

1) Yes, in the online form, it's asking for the employment details of the applicant. Just fill it out honestly even though it isn't used for the financial requirement

2) Use the native currency and specify USD

3) Not really but it's advised to include a recent payslip and/or letter confirming employment, just to validate your claim to being employed

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Are you sure Commonwealth countries are excluded? Last I checked the online application, it asks for UK-specific travel, and then all other travel outside your home country.

1) Yes, in the online form, it's asking for the employment details of the applicant. Just fill it out honestly even though it isn't used for the financial requirement

2) Use the native currency and specify USD

3) Not really but it's advised to include a recent payslip and/or letter confirming employment, just to validate your claim to being employed

Thank you very much!

Yes, the application actually has the question written twice right next to each other. It's bizarre.

It says 'Have you ever travelled outside your country of residence, excluding the UK, in the last 10 years?' in purple above the question.

and

'Have you travelled outside your country of residence, excluding to the UK or a Commonwealth Country, in the last 10 years?' beside the question.

I think I'll go ahead and list Canada. It can't hurt to give too much info, but its kind of insane how much this service costs and how bad the level of service/information is. It's wonderful that this community exists to support each other and answer questions.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.