Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So me and my fiance applied,online on may 6th he did his biometrics in canada on may 11th and the docs were sent away from the toronto visa place. We were told it would be in NY by mon the 14th, We still havent heard anything yet and im worried. Does the 12 day wait start from the initial email you recieve or could it be that the have the docs and the 12 days have already started and they just havent told us??
Anyone else have a similiar situation?

·
Registered
39,156 Posts
So me and my fiance applied,online on may 6th he did his biometrics in canada on may 11th and the docs were sent away from the toronto visa place. We were told it would be in NY by mon the 14th, We still havent heard anything yet and im worried. Does the 12 day wait start from the initial email you recieve or could it be that the have the docs and the 12 days have already started and they just havent told us??
Anyone else have a similiar situation?
You don't normally get told until they open your package and arrange your documents for ECO to look at. This can be several days after arrival.

·
Registered
72 Posts
My package of documents arrived in NY on May 8th but I did not get the email that they had arrived and been opened until May 16th, 6 business days later. Someone else on the boards who submitted her documents the day before I did also waited 6 business days for the "documents have been opened email." People who submitted them in the weeks before us were waiting 3-5 business days but it seems that between the Olympics and panic about upcoming changes in maintenance requirements they are probably receiving a high volume of applications and it is taking a bit longer to get through them.

·
Registered
5 Posts
UKBA will send you an email or letter when they have received and opened the application pack. This is when the 12 day expected processing period will begin.

There have been a lot of issues with UKBA recently due to budget cuts, staffing cuts, strikes, poor training, etc so processing times have been longer than usual, at least domestically. I don't know how things have been going overseas. I would say that you should estimate that they will exceed the typical acceptable service standard by about 50-75%, just to be safe. I recently received my Tier 2 work visa (moved over from a Tier 1 PSW) and it took a lot longer than their estimate. The acceptable service standard is 4 weeks from the biometrics appointment (which is at least 3 weeks after you submit your application) but UKBA took just over 7 weeks from my biometrics appointment to approve and send my residence permit. Good luck!

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
When we submitted our fiancée visa application, we did not receive this confirmation email until the same day they told us we'd been granted our visa (the emails were sent barely two hours apart). So try not to worry too much. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.