Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I'm sure you get questions like this all the time but I'm just worried. Probably unnecessarily.

This summer I'm going to the US for five weeks holiday to go traveling with American friends. I've visited the US four years in a row now on Visa Waiver, I always leave when I'm meant to, however my previous stays have always been three weeks or less.

I'm worried that because I'm going for a longer period of time that I might come up against some issues (Though it's not even half the 90 day allowance).

I don't particularly have any strong ties to my country, I'm a 21 year old student in my last year of university and I live with my parents, I don't own any property.

I have a part time job at university and my employer is writing a letter to say that I will be coming back to this job after my visit, it's only a temporary job though. I hope this will be enough to show my intention to leave. My graduation ceremony is in November so I hope to get a letter to prove that also.

I'll also take a personal bank statement with the address I live at in the UK and I'll have more than enough money on me to cover my visit.

Do you think this is enough? I don't know what much more I can do. I just hope they see how genuine I am. I've never had any issues with border control before but I've never stayed more than three weeks before.

·
Registered
6,372 Posts
Your ESTA is current? Please keep a print out of it with you. US immigration officers are not monsters:>) You are visiting the US to vacation, have sufficient funds to support yourself and plan to return to the UK. Enjoy your vacation!!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I applied to ESTA in 2010, so I think it probably has run out now or will run out in a month, there's a two year limit. I believe I'll have to submit a new ESTA application.

And yes indeed, I actually really like immigration officers, they've always been really friendly. Doesn't stop me worrying about regulations though. All I want is a nice long holiday.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.