Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there. Ive on my first vie privee visa (renewal by end of the year) and I got offered a job overseas. Is there any way I can keep this visa while still working abroad (and possibly coming back to France often during holidays in a 2-week, 1month basis)? I'd hate to have to start all over again with the process as some of you may know. TIA

·
Administrator
50,434 Posts
Renewal of your titre de séjour is going to be predicated on the fact that your marriage is still ongoing - which for France means that you are still living with your French spouse in France and that you are still resident in France (together). That's going to be tough if you're working abroad, particularly if you'll be subject to foreign taxes and social insurances (being employed and paying French taxes and cotisations are normally considered to be big pluses when it comes time to renew your carte de séjour).

There may be a way to do this without having start over again when you come back to France, but then again, the rules could change quite a bit over the next couple of years, too.
Cheers,
Bev

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Renewal of your titre de séjour is going to be predicated on the fact that your marriage is still ongoing - which for France means that you are still living with your French spouse in France and that you are still resident in France (together). That's going to be tough if you're working abroad, particularly if you'll be subject to foreign taxes and social insurances (being employed and paying French taxes and cotisations are normally considered to be big pluses when it comes time to renew your carte de séjour).

There may be a way to do this without having start over again when you come back to France, but then again, the rules could change quite a bit over the next couple of years, too.
Cheers,
Bev
Thanks Bev. You are right in that there could be changes in rules. We'll see after the renewal and see what they say. Thanks again

1 - 3 of 3 Posts