81 - 91 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hi Sowmya

Nice to connect with u here.
Whr r u based? Finalised the dates yet?
Hey Kavitha,

We are from Bangalore. Our trip has been finalized. We travel in May 2016. Have also got our accommodation booked. How about you? In March? What about accommodation? Looking for schooling options? How old are your kids/kid?

·
Registered
77 Posts
There's a place called Harris Park where you'll find a lot of Indian restaurants that should meet pretty much all your Indian food requirements. There are Indian stores too for all your Indian groceries. About 2 stations away, in Wentworthville, you have an Indian/Sri Lankan take away right next to the station that has some awesome food and about 5 mins away you have Udaya super market where you'll find more Indian groceries. Note that this is probably the biggest Indian grocery store in Sydney.

Additionally, most malls usually have an Indian outlet in the food court.
There should be a thanks option here...something like a "like" on FB.
Thanks, once again
:)

·
Registered
77 Posts
Hey Kavitha,

We are from Bangalore. Our trip has been finalized. We travel in May 2016. Have also got our accommodation booked. How about you? In March? What about accommodation? Looking for schooling options? How old are your kids/kid?
Since dates not finalised bcoz don't have schedule of annual school exams yet. So no tickets, no accommodation. Keeping 2 weeks in march. That's all that is finalised till now. But started with the ground work so that once dates r sorted, don't end up wasting any time then.
Kids- One will be 16 and other 11. So would be checking for colleges as well as schools.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Guys, I have posted my query in my own thread but thought of asking here as well -

I am ok with staying far off from Indian stores/restaurants, but need to find a place close to the office (Macquarie Park) at least for a month or so, so that I get familiar "navigating" Sydney! Can you suggest some places close to Macquarie Park where public transport is available easily as well?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi,

What would be the status of the visa after the validation trip. For me before and after the travel it is in effect.
Please let me know if this status is correct.

Thanks and Regards,
Caushik

·
Registered
5,853 Posts
Hi,

What would be the status of the visa after the validation trip. For me before and after the travel it is in effect.
Please let me know if this status is correct.

Thanks and Regards,
Caushik
Yes, it stays 'In Effect' before as well as after the trip.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Is a validation trip helpful. Considering cost for travel to and fro, accommodation and all, would it be of value for a family to undertake one ?

Thanks!

·
Registered
5,853 Posts
Is a validation trip helpful. Considering cost for travel to and fro, accommodation and all, would it be of value for a family to undertake one ?

Thanks!
It is more of a requirement so as to keep the PR valid. For some, who do not plan to make the permanent move soon enough (before the IED), this short trip is required. See if this helps answer your question: http://www.expatforum.com/expats/8623569-post9.html

81 - 91 of 91 Posts