Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

61 - 80 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi All,

I am also looking to do a validation trip in June (IED is July end). The biggest question I am facing right now is:

1. As I have got a PR now, whether I should be going for couple of days and return? OR
2. whether I should go for 2-3 months and try for a job there?

My inclination is for the second option as the whole purpose of getting a PR is to really settle down in life. Though it involves a risk of not able to find a job (in say 3 months) and return.

Thanks

·
Registered
13 Posts
All the names you mentioned are super expensive tour operators. I don't know which country you are from, but if it's India, then there are heaps of much cheaper tour operators which you can go through if at all your plan is to tour Australia. If you plan is just to validate visa and see the country and life for a few days, then you don't need to go through a tour operator.
Thanks Kettlerope for your response. Yes, I'm from India and I was checking the cost of going thru tour operator and individually. With regard to the tour operator, the cost of ticket itself is 50% and the rest 50% is the cost of hotels and sightseeing. How much do you think will cost if we plan a trip to 2-3 cities by our own. If there is not much difference, then I just wanted to go thru tour operators.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Thanks Kettlerope for your response. Yes, I'm from India and I was checking the cost of going thru tour operator and individually. With regard to the tour operator, the cost of ticket itself is 50% and the rest 50% is the cost of hotels and sightseeing. How much do you think will cost if we plan a trip to 2-3 cities by our own. If there is not much difference, then I just wanted to go thru tour operators.
You should go through a tour operator for sure, but not the ones which you named. Those are very expensive ones. Check Sunday Times of India and you will come across many others. I don't know about Mumbai or any other city but in Delhi, D'Paul's and Kesari tours were very popular. Going through tour operator will make your plan easy and if you want to spend some days on your own, you can request them to book your tickets accordingly. They won't mind. If you want to visit 2-3 cities, then it will be difficult to plan yourself. Had it been one city, you could have done it yourself.

·
Registered
13 Posts
You should go through a tour operator for sure, but not the ones which you named. Those are very expensive ones. Check Sunday Times of India and you will come across many others. I don't know about Mumbai or any other city but in Delhi, D'Paul's and Kesari tours were very popular. Going through tour operator will make your plan easy and if you want to spend some days on your own, you can request them to book your tickets accordingly. They won't mind. If you want to visit 2-3 cities, then it will be difficult to plan yourself. Had it been one city, you could have done it yourself.
Thanks again for your quick response. I'm from Hyderabad. Does anyone know any good tour operators in Hyderabad for a week trip to 2-3 Australian cities. I think it costs almost same if you plan for 2-3 cities. I had this experience when I had gone for Singapore and Malaysia.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Thanks again for your quick response. I'm from Hyderabad. Does anyone know any good tour operators in Hyderabad for a week trip to 2-3 Australian cities. I think it costs almost same if you plan for 2-3 cities. I had this experience when I had gone for Singapore and Malaysia.
Try to contact these guys: Domestic & International Holiday Packages Deals, Flights, Hotels, Bus & Cruise bookings. Your city being Hyderabad isn't an issue. Every place is connected by air. I used them once for Bali vacation and it was arranged at very competitive pricing. :)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi,

I am travelling to Australia today for validation.
Could you please confirm if We need to do any embassy work or just travelling to Australia would be sufficient?

·
Super Moderator
1,721 Posts
Your visa will be validated as soon as you arrive at the immigration in Australia. So no need to visit any embassy or office.

Girl Aussie

Hi,

I am travelling to Australia today for validation.
Could you please confirm if We need to do any embassy work or just travelling to Australia would be sufficient?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
Purpose of visit should be TOURISM on the form.
One doesn't need to know weather it has been verified or not but should you need to know then go to vevo website

·
Registered
427 Posts
Hi All,

How to know whether the visa has been validated?

Thanks and Regards,
Caushik
Check the VEVO site or better yet, get the VEVO app. Once you've entered the details, check the Location field. If you are in Australia, it should say Onshore else Offshore. I'm not sure but another field may be the Visa status field. Mine says In Effect at the moment. Maybe before I visited, it said something else but as mentioned earlier, I'm not sure. You can compare these 2 fields against what you are seeing for yourself currently.

Reactions: imranrk

·
Registered
54 Posts
Awesome thread....Bimal its been a pleasure and not to mention a great value add going through your posts. We are a family of 4 too and we plan to visit early next year- A validation/vacation with some serious "knocking on the door" activities planned. Talking to a few on airbnb at the moment. Hope things are well with you and you have started your dream life in Australia.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
Yips Som
Got full time job have moved in a 2bhk rental unit house, bought car n m living a comfortable life. So all is well on my end. Wish u a great life here.

Reactions: 1moreEECandidate

·
Registered
54 Posts
Awesome! I am sure you deserve every bit of it! Wishing you all the success...soak in that sun! Hope to catch you there when we eventually land there! BTW I am trying to follow your validation itinerary .. from where to pick opal cards to vf sim to attractions ( have 2 kids almost of the same age).. And got my flite and airbnb booked as well!��

·
Registered
77 Posts
Yips Som
Got full time job have moved in a 2bhk rental unit house, bought car n m living a comfortable life. So all is well on my end. Wish u a great life here.
Hello Bimal
Many thanks for such detailed inputs.

We recently got our PR and planning for a validation trip coming march for 10-12 days.
Some sight seeing, getting some idea about job market, inquiring about school and colleges.

May return for more of your advise and experiences.
Thanks .

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
Sure kavita if I can help I with anything then Iet me know.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hey Kavitha,

We are in the same boat. Validation trip in 2016 for 10 days to check schools, job market, get a general feel and vacation. Lets stay in touch.

Sowmya

·
Registered
77 Posts
Hey Kavitha,

We are in the same boat. Validation trip in 2016 for 10 days to check schools, job market, get a general feel and vacation. Lets stay in touch.

Sowmya
Hi Sowmya

Nice to connect with u here.
Whr r u based? Finalised the dates yet?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Sure kavita if I can help I with anything then Iet me know.
Hi bimal

I see that u r from North india. What do u suggest - would we be able to get good north indian weals there? Or shud we be prepared to cook at home like u guys did?
I understand that a lot depends on location. But in general, how is it in sydney in terms of availability of good north indian food while eating out?

It didn't even cross my mind that we might have to cook there and about all the masala and daal packing. But ur posts have made me thinking. And a bit worried also, to be honest.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Hi bimal

I see that u r from North india. What do u suggest - would we be able to get good north indian weals there? Or shud we be prepared to cook at home like u guys did?
I understand that a lot depends on location. But in general, how is it in sydney in terms of availability of good north indian food while eating out?

It didn't even cross my mind that we might have to cook there and about all the masala and daal packing. But ur posts have made me thinking. And a bit worried also, to be honest.
There's a place called Harris Park where you'll find a lot of Indian restaurants that should meet pretty much all your Indian food requirements. There are Indian stores too for all your Indian groceries. About 2 stations away, in Wentworthville, you have an Indian/Sri Lankan take away right next to the station that has some awesome food and about 5 mins away you have Udaya super market where you'll find more Indian groceries. Note that this is probably the biggest Indian grocery store in Sydney.

Additionally, most malls usually have an Indian outlet in the food court.

61 - 80 of 90 Posts