Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greeting forumers ! I must validate my 190 south austalia visa grant by sep 4. I googled and learned that i can go to any australian state for validation.Since a known frnd will be migrating to Melbourn few days before me , and because the flight is direct i am thinking of going with family to Melbourn for validation. Need your expert advice and views on below
1) can i open bank account in my 4 days stay over there.Presumbly , later when i move in to Adelaide , i can request bank to change my home branch to Adelaide.
2) what do i need to do to let SA authority to know that i have come to Melbourn for visa validation
3) hopefully i can buy a sim card on my name and it will be active untill march 16 when i finally arrive to live there.
4) what all suggested task i can do during my travel validation.

Many thanks , rt

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
Hi rahul.tiwari1980,

1.) You can even open a bank account from overseas (with NAB, if I remember correctly, but other banks might offer that as well). We opened a bank account with CommBank on arrival and it was fast and uncomplicated as well. You can wait until you move or sort it out electronically or during the validation trip :).

2.) You can send them an email that you are coming over for your validation trip if you want. The more important thing is to let them know once you move permanently.

3.) Why not wait until you move? You probably want a different contract or internet/phone bundle once you start to live here. That said, cheap pre-paid SIM cards can be bought at the airport and in most shops.

4.) Enjoy it :)! Most things (Medicare card, tax file number, driver's license) will have to wait until you have a permanent address in Australia. There is no need to rush.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Espresso , many thanks for your reply.i just checked and in deed they open online with few details .. ine i am there for visa validation will try to collect the atm card from the branch. And sim card ..i beleive they will provide with passport photocopy as proff ........many thanks once again !

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.