Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! Quick question for you. My fiancee (Alisonjane88, also a member in this forum) recently learned that you can pay an extra fee (around $300 USD) and essentially have your application expedited and moved to the top of the pile. It seems that you pay online, then print the receipt and include it in your additional documents that you physically mail to the processing center, or something like that. After I submitted my application, she logged into my account on the UKBA, and it had some kind of notification explaining next steps, etc., including where to go online to upgrade your application (she seems to think it was a third-party website, but can't remember the name). Problem is, whatever notification she is referring to from when you first log in to the "Existing Applications" page is no longer there for me to see :rolleyes: Have any of you ever paid this extra fee, and can you show me where to go online to pay it? We are in a bit of a time crunch and want to make sure there are no hiccups, so we'd like to pay the extra amount. Thanks so much for your help!

·
Registered
924 Posts
Hey guys! Quick question for you. My fiancee (Alisonjane88, also a member in this forum) recently learned that you can pay an extra fee (around $300 USD) and essentially have your application expedited and moved to the top of the pile. It seems that you pay online, then print the receipt and include it in your additional documents that you physically mail to the processing center, or something like that. After I submitted my application, she logged into my account on the UKBA, and it had some kind of notification explaining next steps, etc., including where to go online to upgrade your application (she seems to think it was a third-party website, but can't remember the name). Problem is, whatever notification she is referring to from when you first log in to the "Existing Applications" page is no longer there for me to see :rolleyes: Have any of you ever paid this extra fee, and can you show me where to go online to pay it? We are in a bit of a time crunch and want to make sure there are no hiccups, so we'd like to pay the extra amount. Thanks so much for your help!
Unfortunately, you need to pay for priority processing prior to sending your application packet to Sheffield. Once you've sent it in, it is too late to request the expedited service.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Unfortunately, you need to pay for priority processing prior to sending your application packet to Sheffield. Once you've sent it in, it is too late to request the expedited service.
Maybe I didn't explain myself clearly; I have not yet sent my packet to Sheffield. I have only submitted the online application and paid for it online.

G

·
So looks like you can still buy it from worldbridge, good luck with your application. Follow their instructions to ensure its treated as priority once they get it.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Great!

Maybe I didn't explain myself clearly; I have not yet sent my packet to Sheffield. I have only submitted the online application and paid for it online.
In that case, you can certainly use the priority processing. Just follow the links that were provided. You will pay online and then will need to print off your receipt to include on the top of your packet. Be sure to follow their directions for marking the outside of your packet, including the file number. WorldBridge is the company that handles the priority fees.

I used it and it was 10 business days from the day my packet arrived in Sheffield to the day I received my return packet. Another poster recently had theirs done in only 3 days. Each application is unique, but priority usually cuts the wait down to days rather than months.

Are you aware of the need to provide shipping to and from Sheffield? You need to send the return packing and waybill with your application. Also, just an FYI - your packet shouldn't weigh much more than 2-5lbs total and should be less coming back since some documents are retained by the UKBA.

Good luck!

Reactions: mynameis_wepeel
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.