Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks!

Thanks for all the help and advice on this forum, it's really helped my wife and I during my application process. I have some more questions I'd like to toss on here and a couple I'd like to ask again just to reiterate for piece of mind. It not that i don't believe some of the answers given, I'm just trying to make doubly sure that I'm organizing things a way that will help my application rather than hinder.

1. When does the visa application date kick in? Is it from when you submit the online form or when you physically hand in the documents during the biometric session?

2. How much time do I have to wait between submitting the online form and going in for my biometric session? Is there a minimum or maximum time?

3. I asked this question before but I just want to make sure I knew the answer. When they ask about previous visas given by the UK should I include the normal travel visas you get when you visit the UK?

4. As for packaging all of the documents to be submitted, does anyone have a picture of how they did it?

5. Lastly, I was told that folks from the US post the documents themselves. Being from Canada, will I have to as well? Or will the consulate do it during my biometric session?

Thanks again!

·
Super Moderator
18,088 Posts
Hi folks!

Thanks for all the help and advice on this forum, it's really helped my wife and I during my application process. I have some more questions I'd like to toss on here and a couple I'd like to ask again just to reiterate for piece of mind. It not that i don't believe some of the answers given, I'm just trying to make doubly sure that I'm organizing things a way that will help my application rather than hinder.

1. When does the visa application date kick in? Is it from when you submit the online form or when you physically hand in the documents during the biometric session?
Application date is the date you submit the online application and pay.

2. How much time do I have to wait between submitting the online form and going in for my biometric session? Is there a minimum or maximum time?
You're prompted to book biometrics when you do the online application.

3. I asked this question before but I just want to make sure I knew the answer. When they ask about previous visas given by the UK should I include the normal travel visas you get when you visit the UK?
As already stated, no.

4. As for packaging all of the documents to be submitted, does anyone have a picture of how they did it?
Don't over think it. Make a stack of originals and a stack of copies in the same order and tie them with string.

5. Lastly, I was told that folks from the US post the documents themselves. Being from Canada, will I have to as well? Or will the consulate do it during my biometric session?
They forward them for you.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.