Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello & Happy New Year :)

just clicked "submit" for my VAF4A (wife/married partner) visa. I'm a US citizen currently in the USA, submitting from the USA - my husband is British.

I was under the impression that all Settlement Visa applications are sent to Sheffield. However, my visa application says the following:

VISA APPLICATION SUBMISSION LOCATION
SUBMISSION METHOD: BY MAIL

VISA APPLICATION LOCATION:
BRITISH CONSULATE GENERAL NEW YORK - NEW YORK

So, am I submitting to NYC (which I did for my student visa the first time around) or to Sheffield?

Thanks in advance as always!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
All settlement visas are to be sent to Sheffield.
Just to confirm - send to Sheffield, even if I received an email stating:

"If you are in the United States of America, Australia or New Zealand you must send these documents to the visa issuing office shown on your printed application form."

And the visa issuing office on the application is New York?

EDIT: just checked UKBA website. Now it makes sense re: UKBA in NYC hub and the Sheffield office :)

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/countries/usa/applying/processing-hub/?langname=UK English

·
Registered
39,065 Posts
Yes, technically speaking you are submitting your settlement application at UKBA in NYC, though the actual processing is done in Sheffield. There are other examples. If you are in Japan, your visa application/submission location is UKBA in Tokyo/Osaka, but it is processed in Manila, the Philippines.
You still have to send your application direct to Sheffield.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've submitted online today, 1 January.
My biometrics appointment is 6 January.

How long am I given to submit via post the rest of our application, ie supporting documents?

i ask because my husband is returning to the UK on the 4th, and needs to get one or two last-minute things for our application that we were not able to get prior to the holidays (December pay slips, letter from our landlord, etc).

So if he gets that sorted on the 6th, and then mails these things back to me ASAP from the UK to the US, am I okay to then mail out our completed package *back* to the UK on say, the 10th or 11th?

Thanks!

·
Registered
39,065 Posts
Yes. I think the time limit for submitting printout and documents is something like 2-3 months, after which online application details are deleted. Of course it's in your interest to send off as soon as possible after attending biometric appointment.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.