Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Hi Guys,

I have already uploaded the docs and paid. Do i need to press below and confirm ?
Please help on this.
PS- Bio metrics next week

Rectangle Parallel Font Brand Number

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thought I would update the thread that my mother's visa have been finally granted today :)

Timeline/Details: Passport- Indian
Date of lodgment: 28/11/21 (exemption applied the same day and approved the following day which was subsequently uploaded online with the application)
Medicals: 9/12/21 (It took them around 10days to actually upload the results from what I could gather due to backlog)
Visa granted: 14/1/22 with a 3 year validity and stay of upto 12 months per visit (no more than 12months in 18month period)

I hope now that the rest of the process including getting on the plane and finally arriving here goes smoothly.

@Samaya54 any update on your dads application?

Good luck everyone who has and/or trying to apply for the visa.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Thought I would update the thread that my mother's visa have been finally granted today :)

Date of lodgment: 28/11/21 (exemption applied the same day and approved the following day which was subsequently uploaded online with the application)
Medicals: 9/12/21 (It took them around 10days to actually upload the results from what I could gather due to backlog)
Visa granted: 14/1/22 with a 3 year validity and stay of upto 12 months per visit (no more than 12months in 18month period)

I hope now that the rest of the process including getting on the plane and finally arriving here goes smoothly.

Hi Ravioli,
That is so good news. Happy for you. Congratulations that you are going to meet your mother.

I have not received any updates but I have emailed them as an inquiry. Hopefully, this will make some difference.
You had said, you going to email/inquiry about mother's application, did you do that? or did she get visa without any inquiry?

·
Registered
25,051 Posts

Has she visited Australia earlier also ?
Cheers

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi Ravioli,
That is so good news. Happy for you. Congratulations that you are going to meet your mother.

I have not received any updates but I have emailed them as an inquiry. Hopefully, this will make some difference.
You had said, you going to email/inquiry about mother's application, did you do that? or did she get visa without any inquiry?
Hey Samaya,

Thanks a lot. Yes I filled out a form to contact AHC in New Delhi as well as a feedback form on Immi website, however I haven't received any response yet. I am hoping that my inquiry triggered someone to have a look at her application and subsequently process it. It is definitely worth giving it a try. I would also encourage you to join FB group called parents are immediate family if you are on Facebook. There are heaps of people/examples where you might be able to get some more info or you can put up a post explaining your dad's situation and see if someone can help or share their story which could be useful. Good luck and fingers crossed for your dad's application!

@NB Yes that is correct, she has visited Aus previously.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts