Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have completed my ACS and PTE Academic. I am waiting for the SOL cap to be released. Usually it happens on 1st July but did not happen this time. Can someone please let me know by when I can expect them to release the quota so that I can submit EOI?

Regards
Ananth

·
Registered
5,859 Posts
Occupations are open to be offered away. Just the numbers on the website haven't been updated yet. Nonetheless, you should not wait for anything. File the EOI as soon as you become eligible. If anything is holding back the EOI (like occupation ceilings to be released), it will stay in the system securing you a place in the queue. So, go ahead and submit the EOI ASAP.

Related thread: http://www.expatforum.com/expats/au...793753-new-occupation-ceilings-2015-16-a.html

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi,
I have submitted EOI today for South Australia as they have opened ICT CSOL for Systems Administrator. I have submitted under Subclass 190 and 489. I got points 80 and 85 respectively for these classes.

Is there any whatsapp group which I can join to get more details about Subclass 189? According to my calculations I am eligible to get 65 Points.

Thanks

·
Registered
5,859 Posts
Something is amiss here. If you have 65 points for 189, you most probably do not have 80 points for 190. How does your points breakup look like?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
190 489
Age 25 25
English 20 20
Education 15 15
State 5 10
Nomination
Experience 15 15
in Nominated
Occupation

·
Registered
5,859 Posts
I meant to say that if it comes as 80 points for 190 then it should be 75 points for 189 visa. Is your occupation on SOL? If so, then why even bother with 190 and 489. With 75 points, you will receive an instant invite for 189 visa.

Also, I think you might not be eligible for 15 points towards 10 years of your experience. You should count and mark only that much employment as "relevant" in your EOI that ACS has deemed to be suitably skilled. There should be a line something like this in your ACS result letter:

The following employment after MMM-YYYY is considered to equate to work at an appropriately
skilled level and relevant to <ANZSCO> (<ANZSCO>) of the ANZSCO Code.

You can claim points only for the work experience after MMM-YYYY. I suggest you check this and edit your EOI at the earliest to avoid over-claiming points and potential problems with your application.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My skill assessment was done by ACS in April 2014. I have submitted my experience certificates post April 2014 to get it reassessed. So, my total experience would be over 8 years. I have also updated my Linkedin profile which is in sync with my resume. Do you think I should update my EOI. Given the extract from ACS statement below.

Your skills have been assessed to be suitable for migration under 262113 (Systems Administrator) of the ANZSCO Code. The following employment after December 2012 is considered to equate to work at an appropriately skilled level and relevant to 262113 (Systems Administrator) of the ANZSCO Code.

Dates: 12/06 - 11/13 (6yrs 11mths)

·
Registered
5,859 Posts
Dates: 12/06 - 11/13 (6yrs 11mths)
^^ This just lists the employment episode that was assessed.

The following employment after December 2012 ...
^^ This is the most important date to be used for calculations. As per this, even if you consider employment post assessment date (i.e. till today), entire year of 2013, 2014, and half of 2015 would give you 2.5 years of skilled employment - i.e. 0 points towards skilled work experience.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey KeeDa... do you have an update on the quota release tonight for 189? Is there a whatsapp group I can join to get information? Please let me know.

·
Registered
5,859 Posts
No the exact numbers will not be known until the department releases them. That could be anytime after 2 to 3 weeks from now. I am not aware of any whatsapp group, but starting about 30 minutes from now, those invited (from this forum) will start posting in this thread: http://www.expatforum.com/expats/au...s-eagerly-awaited-6th-july-2015-round-25.html

You can check their signatures to know applicants with which EOI submitted date have received the invitation.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for the quick reply. Keeping fingers crossed. Let's see if my ANZSCO is included in SOL or not. Appreciate your super quick responses.

·
Registered
5,859 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts