Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Dears,

I have looked around and reasearched so much but cannot reach a conclusion to the asnwer to my question which is"

I have a Computer System Engineering Degree which has pretty much the same content as required by 263111 Code. So degree is not an issue.

However, i have 10 years expereince in Wireless Access Networks working for Huawei.

I have applied to ACS for 263111, can anyone suggest what are my chances to get a postive outcome with atleast 5 years experience considered.

with 5 years experience i can apply with 65 points.

It will be greattttttt help if someone with similar case to mine can respond OR, who has any precise knowledge of such a situation. Computer Engineering Degree & Wireles Access network experience ( GSM UMTS LTE ) et.c.

I am afraid, they will count my experince as 0 , as not closely related to the ANZSCO Code of 263111.

I am expecting their reply in a week's time.

thanks

Alii

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hello Dears,

I have looked around and reasearched so much but cannot reach a conclusion to the asnwer to my question which is"

I have a Computer System Engineering Degree which has pretty much the same content as required by 263111 Code. So degree is not an issue.

However, i have 10 years expereince in Wireless Access Networks working for Huawei.

I have applied to ACS for 263111, can anyone suggest what are my chances to get a postive outcome with atleast 5 years experience considered.

with 5 years experience i can apply with 65 points.

It will be greattttttt help if someone with similar case to mine can respond OR, who has any precise knowledge of such a situation. Computer Engineering Degree & Wireles Access network experience ( GSM UMTS LTE ) et.c.

I am afraid, they will count my experince as 0 , as not closely related to the ANZSCO Code of 263111.

I am expecting their reply in a week's time.

thanks

Alii
To me, It seems that your degree is not closely related to your occupation (ICT minor). I think they will take out 4 years of your experience and you will be left with 6 years of skilled exp. Just my thought.
Go through this link https://www.acs.org.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0018/7641/ANZSCO-Descriptions-2015.pdf and match your subjects to ANZSCO code 263111
Good Luck

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
To me, It seems that your degree is not closely related to your occupation (ICT minor). I think they will take out 4 years of your experience and you will be left with 6 years of skilled exp. Just my thought.
Go through this link https://www.acs.org.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0018/7641/ANZSCO-Descriptions-2015.pdf and match your subjects to ANZSCO code 263111
Good Luck
Dear, My degree is for sure not an issue. My courses are exactly the same required for this anzsco code for ICT Major.

Im concerend will they consider my Wireless Access Networks experience or give me 0 for experience. And if my degree is considered major - 2 years,,, out of the rest 8 years....how much will they deduct ( all or few years)

thanks

·
Registered
53 Posts
Dear, My degree is for sure not an issue. My courses are exactly the same required for this anzsco code for ICT Major.

Im concerend will they consider my Wireless Access Networks experience or give me 0 for experience. And if my degree is considered major - 2 years,,, out of the rest 8 years....how much will they deduct ( all or few years)

thanks
Isn't your Wireless Access Networks experience related to the ANZSCO 263111?
If your Duties are matching to the duties mentioned in above link and if your degree is ICT major for your applied ANZSCO, then they will just deduct 2 years and you will be left with 8 years of skilled experience (15 points)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Isn't your Wireless Access Networks experience related to the ANZSCO 263111?
If your Duties are matching to the duties mentioned in above link and if your degree is ICT major for your applied ANZSCO, then they will just deduct 2 years and you will be left with 8 years of skilled experience (15 points)
Dear, My degree is ICT major Computer System Engineer to be precise with all courses matching to the ANZSCO code...

My job duties are what is mentioned in the link. HOwever, the link says for e.g, performance analysis of computer networks.....my job duty says......performance analysis of Wireless Access Network........

Now im not sure if they will consider it relevant, closly related,, or irelevant job duty to the job code......

Thanks

Ali i

·
Registered
53 Posts
Dear, My degree is ICT major Computer System Engineer to be precise with all courses matching to the ANZSCO code...

My job duties are what is mentioned in the link. HOwever, the link says for e.g, performance analysis of computer networks.....my job duty says......performance analysis of Wireless Access Network........

Now im not sure if they will consider it relevant, closly related,, or irelevant job duty to the job code......

Thanks

Ali i
Wireless Access Network is part of Computer Networks so I think you are through. Anyway, duties written on refrence letters can be paraphrased and some what different but related to job.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wireless Access Network is part of Computer Networks so I think you are through. Anyway, duties written on refrence letters can be paraphrased and some what different but related to job.

Wireless Access Network is part of Computer Networks ---- if this true....then im sure to gain 8 years experience that makes 70 marks......

love u man if its true.......

1 - 7 of 7 Posts