Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

Just thought I would ask you all a question as I am quite intrigued by something and want to know if anyone noticed the same thing!

I am an Australia citizen and my husband is applying for a spouse visa (309/100) from UK. We are now at the stage where he is applying for his medicals and we noticed that when he filled in his online questionnaire to bring to the doctor that the visa he is applying for on the system was noted as - Spouse Permanent 100 - does this mean that the embassy have put him forward for the permanent spouse visa straight away?

We have been living together for over 5 years and are married over a year so I know it could be an option that he is given a permanent visa straight away but I guess I am just getting my hopes up that we can expect it when the visa is granted!!

Any one noticed this too or had any dealings with it?

Thanks!

G

·
No. When you apply for a spouse visa you are applying for the 309 & 100. The case officer will decide which he qualifies for. It is likely he woukd get 309 as you have only been married a year unless you have children. He still needs a medical for a PR visa even if he is only given the 309 because ut leads to PR.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No. When you apply for a spouse visa you are applying for the 309 & 100. The case officer will decide which he qualifies for. It is likely he woukd get 309 as you have only been married a year unless you have children. He still needs a medical for a PR visa even if he is only given the 309 because ut leads to PR.
Thanks for getting back! I understand that he applied for both 309 and 100 at the same time but I would have thought that it would have stated visa spouse 309 on the medical check letter of reference as it would be the most likely visa granted.

Our case officer was in touch 3 months before telling him to get his medicals and police checks so I'd be hoping that they have reviewed the case and he could be put forward for the 100 which is why it says visa: spouse permanent 100 on his medical form. Although we have only been married a year, we showed strong evidence of living together for the last 5 years - could this affect the decision of 309 or 100 visa granted?

G

·
It could yes, its a relationship requirement not marriage but if you sent in lots of good evidence he may well get it. Most seem not to have the evidence pre marriage that is strong enough but you probably would have if you were living together.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts