Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We understand that you would like to know about the current status of your
visa application. I have tracked the status (XXXXXXXXXX and date of birth
XXXXXXXX) and found that a decision on your application has been delayed
whilst further enquiries are being conducted. Your visa application centre
or the entry clearance officer will contact you once a decision has been
made or, if necessary, during the consideration of your application.

·
Registered
85 Posts
What are possible reasons for delay?

·
Registered
85 Posts
If it's standard text, it seems badly worded, as it makes it sound as though there is a problem

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I know, that's what I thought as well, what kind of delay and why? Spoke to an immigration adviser and they said that I may have been put on a warning index as I was refused a student visa 2 years back, I reapplied a month after the refusal and got the visa but apparently it may still be an issue.
But I think the enquiry service is pretty unreliable, the staff aren't well trained or there's some communication breakdown along the chain, as I sent another request this week and got an email saying that they couldn't find any updates which was likely due to my application being new, which it isn't. This is week 6 since I made the application. And it contradicts the 1st email which said that there were delays as enquiries were made.

·
Registered
5,544 Posts
The enquiry service is mostly to keep inquisitive applicants satisfied with human acknowledgment so as to keep the ECOs free to actually process applications. It's impossible to tell exactly what the delay is, but I've seen more than a few people receive this message and still have an accepted application. Good luck :)

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
The enquiry service is mostly to keep inquisitive applicants satisfied with human acknowledgment so as to keep the ECOs free to actually process applications. It's impossible to tell exactly what the delay is, but I've seen more than a few people receive this message and still have an accepted application. Good luck :)
I agree with you about it being just a placating measure but have to point out that ECOs have never been in contact with applicants i.e its not like before the enquiry service they were having to answer the emails themselves. You just kind of waited to find out.
I had hoped that the delay implied the application had been looked at and the ECO then put it on hold to do the enquiries and would then quickly get back to it and resolve it, as that is what the email implied. But now it seems as though that was either sent mistakenly and there was no delay and my app hasn't even been looked at. Because how would you take an app, look at it, decide there's something you need to clarify then set it aside for another 2 weeks and not look at it. Not very efficient imo.

Thanks, fingers crossed. I've got everyone praying and crossing body parts for this to go through.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Well, good luck with your app.

We hadn't had any confirmation of receipt or acknowledgement and this is what we got back when I emailed. I can't think of anything non-straightforward with ours, so hopefully just standard.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.