Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know some people do that have only a tourist visa, how hard is it to get a Visa to say China or Vietnam? Do you prepare well in advance?

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Check out this link China From what is on that page, you have to get a visa prior to departing for China or Vietnam. You have to apply at their Embassy or Consulate. On that page it also states that you have to do this for HK and Macau. I last visited both in 2011 and 2012 without needing anything prior. I guess the rules have changed?

Unless you are on a Balikbayan Visa, the tourist visa run is down to only every 36 months now.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Check out this link China From what is on that page, you have to get a visa prior to departing for China or Vietnam. You have to apply at their Embassy or Consulate. On that page it also states that you have to do this for HK and Macau. I last visited both in 2011 and 2012 without needing anything prior. I guess the rules have changed?

Unless you are on a Balikbayan Visa, the tourist visa run is down to only every 36 months now.
Yea saw that.....was wondering if it was truly the pain It appears to be

·
Registered
1,954 Posts

You don't need a visa for HK and Macau. What it say is that you need a multi entry visa for China should you want the visit them once you have entered China as you will need a visa to re-enter again afterwards.

·
Registered
58 Posts
You don't need a visa for HK and Macau. What it say is that you need a multi entry visa for China should you want the visit them once you have entered China as you will need a visa to re-enter again afterwards.
Hi, my throw away ticket, should it be accompanied with a visa for China(not Hong Kong)? I have 12 hour to book it!

·
Registered
58 Posts
just get a throw away ticket for a country that allows arrival visa .. :D
Got in with ticket to China, they asked if I had exit ticket but didn't look at it, entered Clark. Wouldn't advise though not getting one on the chance they don't ask to visualise it!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts