Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if I can do a visa run to Oman after my 3 month Sharjah visa expires. I was told at immigration I must leave for one month, but another official told me I can do the 30day visa runs immediately after this Sharjah visa expires. Many thanks. I am British.

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Does anyone know if I can do a visa run to Oman after my 3 month Sharjah visa expires. I was told at immigration I must leave for one month, but another official told me I can do the 30day visa runs immediately after this Sharjah visa expires. Many thanks. I am British.

As far as I'm aware you should have no problem doing visa runs as UK is on the "33 countries visa on arrival list". The requirement to leave for a month is for citizens of other countries. The stamp you get is a UAE stamp, not an emirate specific so I'm assuming you should be alright doing visa runs living in Sharjah.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, I am a fully fledged Brit. Been here 12 years, Husband died here recently and now am having visa problems.Many thanks, it's frustrating to hear contradictary advise from officials.

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Yes, I am a fully fledged Brit. Been here 12 years, Husband died here recently and now am having visa problems.Many thanks, it's frustrating to hear contradictary advise from officials.
My condolences and hope that the red tape goes all smoothly for you. :hug:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts