Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there,
I am twenty years of age and I'm set to come to Dubai mid July to start the process to get my visa. I am then going on holiday for a month and when I return I will be looking for a studio/one bed apartment. From joining this page I am now extremely worried with how estate agents are going to be? some advice on what to expect would be amazing!
Will my visa take over a month to come through as I believe that I need my visa before I can get my apartment?
I also would love if anyone can share any good estate agents that they've experienced- I am coming over with a 20k GBP budget and wouldn't be able to afford something dangerous happening.

I look forward to hearing your responses and posting new threads in the future. I am extremely excited yet very nervous as I won't know anyone!
Nikki :plane:

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
Welcome. You do realise you can't leave the UAE until you get your visa don't you? Is the company aware you're taking a month off? If I was employing you i wouldn't start you until you got back from your holiday say end of August, total waste of company money.

Estate Agents are 99% sharks, even the ones that aren't, are.

Now, because of the high $ -v- £ then £20k is just around AED110k, now out of that you need to pay (in effect) 13% fees (Deposit, Agent, DEWA deposit) and you need some cash left over. Depending on your salary then I'd look at 2 payments (4 if you can, this isn't Canterbury), just to keep some cash flow for you.

Best advice (as always) get your Company to put you up for a month while you sort things like your visa and accom out.

Good luck.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Wish I had £20K to blow on an apartment when I was only 20.

She isn't in property, is she? Makes one wonder what she's doing in Dubai? I find it surprising any company would arrange the visa, then let her go away for a month before starting work. Especially fickle 20 year old kids who aren't even allowed in bars in Dubai?

Maybe a family subsidizing her via a freezone visa while she lives the high life?

·
Registered
2 Posts
she is just using this platform to have some fun, not serious at all, she rather stays in UK n go for holidays like spain etc.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts