Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

My Dubai freezone visa will expire in May after working for 3 years and the company I'm working for is insisting that if I'm planning to renew my visa they will need to transfer it to Dubai visa instead of freezone visa, but having a new Dubai visa means i'll be tied up with them for 2 more years otherwise if i decide to leave I will be issued with a ban. I'm not sure if what my company is doing is legal but im not comfortable with it. Can someone please advice? Thanks

·
Registered
362 Posts
Employees based in a freezone should have a freezone visa. If your office is not in a freezone your company is correct that your sponsorship should be transferred to the LLC visa.

As long as you can provide proof of qualifications (high school certificate or higher) you would not be subject to an employment ban if you left an LLC company with less than 2 years service. The rules changed last year.

·
Registered
725 Posts
You'll also be asked to sign a paper saying that you have received end of service benefits - as you are technically joining a new company. technically. Therefore, they must provide you end of service benefits.

On the other hand, if you argue for them....they may just boot you.

-md000/mike

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.