Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, it has been 3 years passed since I last posted it here:

Original thread: http://www.expatforum.com/expats/br...ving-uk/558818-correct-visa-form-my-wife.html

With your advice, I had submitted the form almost 3 years ago and to my surprise, it has been granted even though I wasn't sure if it was the correct form but the moderators were absolutely right. I guess my old solicitor choose the wrong form for my wife in the first place (in 2011).

My wife received a residence permit card with 'leave to remain' and 'work permitted'.

It is due to expire on 5th December. Which visa form should she apply? We now have two kids.

Regards

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Any information? I was looking up Visas and immigration webpage and should she apply for SET (M) form if that is the correct one? My wife got the Visa by November 2011.

EDITED: Just re-read my original thread I had posted back in 2014 and the form she first applied for was FLR(O) so I am under the impression that for 6 years before applying the settlement, she needs to re-apply for this same FLR(O) form?

·
Registered
39,104 Posts
A lot has changed in the meantime and DLR is no more. You now need to use the form FLR(HRO) to renew your leave or SET(O) to apply for settlement (after 6 years as she got her first DLR before 9 July 2012).

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
A lot has changed in the meantime and DLR is no more. You now need to use the form FLR(HRO) to renew your leave or SET(O) to apply for settlement (after 6 years as she got her first DLR before 9 July 2012).
Thanks, much appreciated. Again, without this forum, I won't know where to start as I had previously tried CAB, solicitor, immigration advice centre etc but without luck so I would make a donation to this site if there is one.

I see that settlement costs a lot more but I guess with this, she would not have to renew again in 3 years time.

However, is there any advantage of going with FLR(HRO) to renew? I have read somewhere that some people waited for ages for their settlement claim to be granted, is this correct?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just a good look at SET(O) form, it's very long! :confused:

My wife is profoundly deaf and is in receipt of DLA but is this form correct for her?

I suppose that under Section 3, Section B of this form - There's no catergory that fits her so would "Other purposes or reasons not covered by other applications forms" be applied to her?

Regards

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi again, my wife has just received a Biometric letter for her to take it to the Post Office, however, there is a form with it called 'Statement of Additonal Grounds' or (RED.0003 s120 response form).

It says it needs to be completed but didn't say whether it is an requirement to do that, I was thinking 'what's the catch?'

Because in this form, one titled 'Certification so that you must appeal from outside the UK' - e.g. if the claim is refused, that it must be appeal from outside the UK which I think is a bit unusual? With questions asking for any reasons why she couldn't appeal from outside the UK etc.

Very little information on this on Google but I suspect she might not need to do that, unlike the Biometric appointment which she must do within 15 days or her claim will be turned down.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.