Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear All

I got mail from DIBP for visa rejection for over claiming points for education. I claimed 15 points for my education which gave me total 65 points. But they reduced it to 10 points considering my degree was assessed as Associate degree (for which one can claim 10 points). On the other hand , actually my degree comes under bachelor degree (for which I claimed 15 points).

My agent did not check that Vetasses had done mistake and claimed for 15 points.

Now I have mailed Vetassess and they have reverted that my degree will be considered as bachelor degree instead of Associate one and they will send us corrected letter.

My concern is , will DIBP reconsider my case , as that was a mistake done by Vetassess.

Please advice

·
Registered
11,349 Posts
Dear All

I got mail from DIBP for visa rejection for over claiming points for education. I claimed 15 points for my education which gave me total 65 points. But they reduced it to 10 points considering my degree was assessed as Associate degree (for which one can claim 10 points). On the other hand , actually my degree comes under bachelor degree (for which I claimed 15 points).

My agent did not check that Vetasses had done mistake and claimed for 15 points.

Now I have mailed Vetassess and they have reverted that my degree will be considered as bachelor degree instead of Associate one and they will send us corrected letter.

My concern is , will DIBP reconsider my case , as that was a mistake done by Vetassess.

Please advice
I've not seen such a case personally, however, you have a very strong case, as per me, and i would suggest to consult a MARA agent ( a new or your old MARA agent) and see what options are available.

·
Registered
23,876 Posts
Dear All

Please advice
Once you get the Vetassess letter, attach the same and send an email to the department
I think they should consider your case favorably
But all said and done, You did make an overclaim of points on the date you lodged your visa application, which cannot be denied

Cheers

·
Registered
882 Posts
Vetassess is the assessing authority. Dibp is for migration matters . I hope vetassess is strong enough to plough through

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Once you get the Vetassess letter, attach the same and send an email to the department
But all said and done, You did make an overclaim of points on the date you lodged your visa application, which cannot be denied

Cheers
He might be able to do this only if VETASSESS provides a letter confirming their mistake.
Having said that, it is still overclaiming when the letter clearly mentions that it is an Associate degree..

I guess a good MARA agent can clarify and take your case forward. Suggest not to take any action without proper consultation

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Vetassess have already sent mail to me stating they have assessed wrongly and shall provide corrected letter asap..

·
Registered
23,876 Posts
Vetassess have already sent mail to me stating they have assessed wrongly and shall provide corrected letter asap..
Let the letter come.

The wordings if the letter are important

Post the wordings when you get it

Cheers

·
Registered
245 Posts
Once your visa is finalised there is no chance to change back the status of your visa application. However, there might be a chance that if you have given the review rights in your refusal letter, you can lodge the review with AAT to refer back the application to the department for reconsideration.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Once your visa is finalised there is no chance to change back the status of your visa application. However, there might be a chance that if you have given the review rights in your refusal letter, you can lodge the review with AAT to refer back the application to the department for reconsideration.
BS! I have had visa's refused and got them granted again.

·
Registered
389 Posts
He might be able to do this only if VETASSESS provides a letter confirming their mistake.
Having said that, it is still overclaiming when the letter clearly mentions that it is an Associate degree..

I guess a good MARA agent can clarify and take your case forward. Suggest not to take any action without proper consultation
you are right, with the initial outcome from Vetassess, it's clearly stated associate degree which can claim 10 points only, it's clearly over claimed.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

you are right, with the initial outcome from Vetassess, it's clearly stated associate degree which can claim 10 points only, it's clearly over claimed.

Vetassess have already sent mail that my degree will be assessed as bachelor instead of associate and will send letter asap

·
Registered
30 Posts

Cheers

newbienz dear can u plz suggest me that can i get regional sponsorship (489) with 60 points under 261313 .. as i have only 60 points and with this 189 and 190 is very hard to get so should i go for 489 what are the chances ?
really worried

·
Registered
23,876 Posts
newbienz dear can u plz suggest me that can i get regional sponsorship (489) with 60 points under 261313 .. as i have only 60 points and with this 189 and 190 is very hard to get so should i go for 489 what are the chances ?
really worried
Where are the jobs for 261313 in rural Australia?

Cheers

·
Registered
30 Posts
If you are a quitter, PR Visa process is not for you. : )

Give me your points break up please.
ACS + 261313
Experience : 10
Qualification : 10 (have 16 years of education but university's degree considered as diploma according to country education profile)
Ielts :10 ( L: 8, R:8 , R:7 , S: 7)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts