Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

my girlfriend has been offered a job in Australia (Perth) and will be sponsored as a permenant resident, (minimum job contract is for two years) can anyone tell me whether I as her partner would automatically be allowed to live and work in Australia for the period that she / we are there?? Would i need to apply for a completely separate visa or qualify as some sort of dependant? We've been together 10 years but aren't married (I'll buy a house and move half way around the world with her but marriage........that's serious!!) I don't have any criminal records / convictions, I'm educated to degree level and am currently working as a plasterer. I know the ultimate decision etc is made by the Immigration dep. but if anyone can shed any light on the subject that would be great.

Thanks.

Karl.

·
Registered
6,235 Posts
Hi Karl,

As long as the company with happy with you applying on the same visa as your girlfriend then there shouldn't be a problem.

Partners and children can all be on the same visa application.

If you check out the visa link in the 'PLEASE READ....' sticky post towards the top of the forum that should explain the details of whichever visa your girlfriend is going for.

Regards,
Karen

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi,

thanks Karen, sounsd pretty good to me, better start working on my beach body.

Karl

Hi Karl,

As long as the company with happy with you applying on the same visa as your girlfriend then there shouldn't be a problem.

Partners and children can all be on the same visa application.

If you check out the visa link in the 'PLEASE READ....' sticky post towards the top of the forum that should explain the details of whichever visa your girlfriend is going for.

Regards,
Karen

1 - 3 of 3 Posts