Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, my fiance's visa from Jamaica has been put on hold and I need to send further documents relating to my income stated in the email, which I have; a letter from my employer with their HMRC reference and a land registry proving I own a rental property (I thik this is all that is required from the email they sent which I've included below... but it does not say how or where to submit this additional evidence. I am getting no response from calling them or emailing, can someone please help me as we have a son who is greatly missing his father and are due to get married in the coming weeks :( Many thanks in advance.

This is the email notification he received;

Your application for entry clearance under Appendix FM to the Immigration Rules has been considered. Your application falls to be refused solely because you do not meet the income threshold requirement under Appendix FM and/or the related evidential requirements under Appendix FM-SE. You have provided an employment letter from your sponsor from xxxxx Ltd and accompanying wage slips. However, you have provided no evidence of the company's registration with HMRC for employment and tax purposes. This evidence is necessary in order fo us to verify your sponsor's employment. Therefore, if her employer is a sole trader, partner or franchise it is necessary to provide the following:

evidence of the amount of tax payable, paid or unpaid for the last financial year,

the latest annual self-assessment tax return to HMRC,
statement of account SA300 or SA302,
proof of registration with HMRC as self-employed,
each partner's Unique Tax Reference number (UTR), and/ or the UTR of the partnership or business,
where the person holds a seperate business bank account, bank statement for the same 12 month period as the tax returns,
personal bank statements for the same 12 month period as the tax returns showing income from self-employment paid into an account in the name of the person or the person and their partner jointly,
evidence of ongoing self-employment through evidence of payment of class 2 National Insurance contributions,
the latest audited accounts if available,
the latest unaudited accounts if audited accounts are unavailable,
a certificate of VAT registration and the latest VAT return,
evidence from local authority that the appropriate planning permission or consent is held to operate the type/class of business at the trading address.

None of the above evidence has been provided.

Your sponsor has also claimed funds through rental income. Rental income must be evidenced by the following:

confirmation that the person or the person and their partner own the property for which the rental is recieved through a copy of the title deeds or the title register from the land registry or
a mortgage statement,
and
personal bank statements for the 12 month period prior to the date of application showing the rental payments paid into an account in the person or person and partner's name,
the relevant rental agreement or contract.

None of the above has been provided.

"In the meantime, if you submit any further information or document(s), it must relate directly to the reasons given above as to why you do not meet the income threshold requirement. It must also relate only to your circumstances, and/or those of your sponsor, as they were at the date of your application, or in the relevant period(s) prior to that date. If, on the basis of this further information or document(s) and otherwise, your application meets all the requirements of the Immigration Rules, a decision will be taken on your application and it will be granted.

·
Registered
39,104 Posts
If there is an email address, scan the documents and email them. Make sure you quote the case reference.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Many thanks for responding but the only email is the one the notification was sent from which does not accept incoming mail as my email querying this bounced back.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Sorry to hear about this. When did you send your application? How long did they take to before they notify about the refusal? Try this and see if it works bear in mind there is 4hrs time difference to the UK.

email address: [email protected]

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi, thank you for replying! The application was submitted on 17th July and we received the refusal/hold yesterday. I did email that address yesterday with my query but have had no response.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Update

So the documents were submitted in person but we have not had any response even to notify us that they' ve received the documents. Has anyone got any idea how long we will have to wait to receive an update on the visa and for it to be finally granted?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi, we still have not heard a thing, can anyone offer any advice...it's pretty soul-destroying being apart and my son is suffering, I cannot deal with this uncertainty - I have postponed the wedding twice now and the hotel has given me a final date in ?March, if it has to be cancelled I have to pay 100% cancellation fee of £7500 :(

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi special24,

I feel for you. I am in almost exactly the same position, but my spouse applied from India. We also relied in self employment and rental income. We sent the necessary docs a few days before you and have heard nothing.

I wonder, are these applications still being proceeded, or are they just going to deal with them all after the court case, whether or not we supplied the necessary docs?

The uncertainty is killing us to. They have cleared everything else, how long can it take to deal with the financial docs? If we know for sure that they have 'parked' these applications, until the result if the court case or some other time, then we can withdraw and resubmit (with the approx £800 hit...ouch), but at least we know then that they would look at it in their normal timescale.

Good luck,

UKPS

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Many thanks for your replies... Whatshouldwedo: I did email several times to several different addresses, including the ones listed in this tread and WorldBridge. I got a response to one of them when the subject was 'complaint' unfortunately, they just sent the same email that I have included above, when I replied stating we have already submitted the additional documents etc they didn't respond!!
UKPS: I'm so sorry to hear you are in a similar situation... I am employed and not self employed which is even more frustrating, as they clearly have not looked at the application thoroughly and I did explain this with a covering letter sent with the additional documents. But I think you may be right and our applications have been put in a pile along with thousands of others until after a ruling in the Court has been made. But yes, even if the kept us informed atleast we could make the decision of loosing another £800+ rather than months/years of limbo without our partners and my son without his father :mad2:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.