Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi Guys,

DIBP has updated its visa processing times. Following are the changes :-

VISA CLASS
189 75%: 8 mnths 90%:11mnths
190 75%: 9 mnths 90%:13mnths
489 75%: 8 mnths 90%:14mnths

Source : Global visa and citizenship processing times

Processing times almost increased by 4 months.
I know, this is a bad news for applicants but this is new reality we have to accept.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Why there is a big gap like 8 months to 14 months.?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Probably for verification and for high risk countries.

Reactions: Kulwinder84

·
Registered
74 Posts
It's most definitely caused by the establishment of the new ministry which did include under it many of the current agencies but also establish new one for anit-terrorism which would contribute in providing security checks for applicants from high-risk countries.

I don't think such processing times would affect everyone but it's definitely an indication of how serious the federal government are about national security (which is always a good thing for everyone good)

Regards,,,

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Bad news.:mad2:
I suppose 8-11 month should be added to the visa lodge date, but some say last CO contact counts as the starting point for these timeline. Who knows the truth?
This timeline starts once u have submitted all the required documents.

·
Registered
200 Posts
wow 8 months? :eek:

Lot of things change in 8 months......oh well....from ACS to getting the visa grant looks like a minimum of 1 yr now..... :(

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
wow 8 months? :eek:

Lot of things change in 8 months......oh well....from ACS to getting the visa grant looks like a minimum of 1 yr now..... :(
In a year one might even leave his/her desire to settle at Ozee Land. Current timings are more than a year including assessment and waiting for invitations etc.

Reactions: american_desi

·
Registered
200 Posts
In a year one might even leave his/her desire to settle at Ozee Land. Current timings are more than a year including assessment and waiting for invitations etc.
yea bro.....agreed....including PTE/IELTS & Assessment....this looks like a long 1-2yr journey now....

·
Registered
424 Posts

One year is a lot of time! So many things change, one cannot be expected to pause his life story for a year.

I can list probably a thousand things here, job change, kids school plans, etc. I guess they would receive a lot of change in circumstance notification from aspirants. Many people are reluctant to switch jobs fearing a job verification is waiting to happen. Besides, what about PCC & Medicals? IED is another factor! It gives so less time to react provided they waive off IED..

The above views are not to discourage anyone reading this. However, be warned of the new realities!

·
Registered
206 Posts
One year is a lot of time! So many things change, one cannot be expected to pause his life story for a year.

I can list probably a thousand things here, job change, kids school plans, etc. I guess they would receive a lot of change in circumstance notification from aspirants. Many people are reluctant to switch jobs fearing a job verification is waiting to happen. Besides, what about PCC & Medicals? IED is another factor! It gives so less time to react provided they waive off IED..

The above views are not to discourage anyone reading this. However, be warned of the new realities!
In fact all these things would increase their task to great extent.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
In fact all these things would increase their task to great extent.
DIBP would start giving relaxations in PCC and medicals in case of expiry during visa processing due to huge increase in duration.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Hi Guys,

DIBP has updated its visa processing times. Following are the changes :-

VISA CLASS
189 75%: 8 mnths 90%:11mnths
190 75%: 9 mnths 90%:13mnths
489 75%: 8 mnths 90%:14mnths

Source : Global visa and citizenship processing times

Processing times almost increased by 4 months.
I know, this is a bad news for applicants but this is new reality we have to accept.
Once upon a time 489 timeframe used to be the shortest one , now it's the longest one . it's not even a PR visa , we can only hope for the best.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Once upon a time 489 timeframe used to be the shortest one , now it's the longest one . it's not even a PR visa , we can only hope for the best.
As per DIBP website 489 visa is still given highest priority, but don't know why its processing time is higher than others.

Reactions: sdilshad

·
Registered
92 Posts
Wonder what's going to happen for a person who lodges the application with a job offer.
Ex: Nt QLD and Tas need a job offer to get a 190 invite.

Are they going to prioritize those applications? because I don't think employers going to wait 8 months.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.