Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear Friends,

Hope you all are doing well.

I read that 189 visa will take 8 months to be processed 75% of the application 's and 11 months 90% of the applications.

190 visa will take 9 months 75% of the application and 11 months 90%.

Please advise when does the processing time start... but that I mean from what date do we count the processing time.

Will appreciate your replies.

Thank You

·
Registered
458 Posts
Processing time starts from when you Lodge the VISA with all documents... Upload all documents including Medicals, PCC, Form 80 and 1221 for chances of getting direct grant... Direct grant is something that when CO is assigned, there will be no further communications and you get a grant letter directly

Reactions: commie_rick

·
Registered
37 Posts
Processing time starts from when you Lodge the VISA with all documents... Upload all documents including Medicals, PCC, Form 80 and 1221 for chances of getting direct grant... Direct grant is something that when CO is assigned, there will be no further communications and you get a grant letter directly
Will this apply for the new applicants applied after 1st July or old applications in the process as well?

·
Registered
23,931 Posts
Will this apply for the new applicants applied after 1st July or old applications in the process as well?
All the applications irrespective of when lodged

Cheers

·
Registered
4,230 Posts

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
What do you mean by work verification?
In my case the case officer contacted us and asked for Police certificates only.
Meaning did you require work verification. Are you claiming work experience points. In any case, you got CO Contact, so you will have to wait now.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes we have claimed work experience... and also provided medical and police certificate.

I have read in places that the visa comes before the time period of expiry of medical

Also when I checked on immi tracker in some cases visa has been granted in 15 and 20 days...

It's a bit confusing ...

Thank you

QUOTE=zaback21;12892346]
What do you mean by work verification?
In my case the case officer contacted us and asked for Police certificates only.
Meaning did you require work verification. Are you claiming work experience points. In any case, you got CO Contact, so you will have to wait now.[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
Yes we have claimed work experience... and also provided medical and police certificate.

I have read in places that the visa comes before the time period of expiry of medical

Also when I checked on immi tracker in some cases visa has been granted in 15 and 20 days...

It's a bit confusing ...

Thank you
Usually if you are a single guy from non high risk countries without work experience or medical issues, you can expect your grant to be quicker. 15-20 days happened last year in 2016-17, it will most likely not happen this year.

·
Registered
246 Posts
If you look at the published data, it is showing that the data is for month of June -- "Visa application processing times
Last updated: 20 July 2017 (for month ending 30 June 2017)". Are you guys sure that this data is for this complete year ?

·
Registered
246 Posts
The data we are referring is for month of June. More or less this data is for last year. Not sure, it is something to worry or not !!

·
Registered
23,931 Posts
If you look at the published data, it is showing that the data is for month of June -- "Visa application processing times
Last updated: 20 July 2017 (for month ending 30 June 2017)". Are you guys sure that this data is for this complete year ?
Australia FY year is July to June
So the data you are seeing is for the entire year ended 30th June 2017

The current year quotas have still not been published

Cheers

·
Registered
246 Posts
Yes, that's true !!

The data provided was for last year and hopefully things would be similar this year also.

·
Registered
4,230 Posts

Cheers
Yes, that's true !!

The data provided was for last year and hopefully things would be similar this year also.
It is true that the Aus FY is July-June, but that data is updated every few months or may be almost every month (not exactly sure). In March-April, it was 4 months, end of June is 8 months. It could go worse or may go back to 4 months in future months, that no one will be able to tell.

Considering all the changes, it's hard to predict if it is not going to get worse or better.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Has anyone had or heard of experience of trying to contact them if 4 or 5 months have passed?

OTE=zaback21;12895946]

Cheers
Yes, that's true !!

It is true that the Aus FY is July-June, but that data is updated every few months or may be almost every month (not exactly sure). In March-April, it was 4 months, end of June is 8 months. It could go worse or may go back to 4 months in future months, that no one will be able to tell.

Considering all the changes, it's hard to predict if it is not going to get worse or better.[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
Has anyone had or heard of experience of trying to contact them if 4 or 5 months have passed?
You can try, but all you will get is a generic reply of Under Processing.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts