Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I am a UK citizen and my fiance is from America. She is looking to start her online registration as we are due to get married in the summer in Scotland

Can anyone please tell me how long it usually takes to process a fiance visa from the US to the UK and also what information is needed to complete the online application part?

Any help would be really appreciated

Thanks
Gary

·
Registered
39,079 Posts
Hi all,

I am a UK citizen and my fiance is from America. She is looking to start her online registration as we are due to get married in the summer in Scotland

Can anyone please tell me how long it usually takes to process a fiance visa from the US to the UK and also what information is needed to complete the online application part?
The current typical processing time is only 4 days. The timescale from making online application, getting biometrics done, sending in and receiving back supporting documents will be around 10 business days.
Look at UKBA site at UK Border Agency | Fiance(e) or proposed civil partner of a British citizen or settled person

·
Registered
102 Posts
Sorry to jump in this thread with my own question, but would like to know how long it takes to process a UK spouse visa from Zambia? Anyone knows this? Approximately, or rather on average?

The current typical processing time is only 4 days. The timescale from making online application, getting biometrics done, sending in and receiving back supporting documents will be around 10 business days.
Look at UKBA site at UK Border Agency | Fiance(e) or proposed civil partner of a British citizen or settled person

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you Joppa

With regards to flight itinerary, does she put in a proposed itinerary? I'm assuming she can't book a 1 way flight until she has her visa?

Sorry for the question but I'm a bit lost with this one

Thanks
Gary

·
Registered
39,079 Posts
Thank you Joppa

With regards to flight itinerary, does she put in a proposed itinerary? I'm assuming she can't book a 1 way flight until she has her visa?

Sorry for the question but I'm a bit lost with this one.
Yes, just proposed flight details.

·
Registered
39,079 Posts
Sorry to jump in this thread with my own question, but would like to know how long it takes to process a UK spouse visa from Zambia? Anyone knows this? Approximately, or rather on average?
Stats from last month is between 1 to 3 weeks, with most settled within two weeks.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Joppa,

Sorry to trouble you again. I am trying to type up a letter to prove residence for my finances visa. When creating this letter, what kind of info are they looking for? I am going to include mortgage statements and a record of the deeds but what does the actual letter have to include?

Many thanks in advance (again)

Gary

·
Registered
39,079 Posts
Hi Joppa,

Sorry to trouble you again. I am trying to type up a letter to prove residence for my finances visa. When creating this letter, what kind of info are they looking for? I am going to include mortgage statements and a record of the deeds but what does the actual letter have to include?

Many thanks in advance (again)
Dear Entry Clearance Officer

I am offering my son (grandson, nephew, drinking mate etc) Gary Halliday and his fiancée xxx to live in my house free of rent, council tax and utility bills as long as they need it. I enclose my latest mortgage statement and details of the property (indicating the number of bedroooms), plus a recent utility bill. There will be 4 (?) people living in the property after they move in, in a four-bedroom (?) house.

Yours sincerely

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.