Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
39,244 Posts
There are a couple of active threads where people post their application experiences. There has definitely been an increase in processing times, esp for settlement visas. Possibly related to a big increase in applications on fear of Brexit and tightening of criteria announced in Tory manifesto. There is a new guide to processing time, taken from May figures at https://www.gov.uk/visa-processing-times

·
Registered
557 Posts

For those that don't want to click for any reason - those waiting times are definitely due to Brexit and Theresa Mayhem.

Reactions: BWA468

·
Registered
35 Posts
That's what I thought. My wife submitted her biometrics on May 19th, and the supporting documents were signed for in Sheffield on May 24th.

I've not had any originals back in the stamped addressed envelope I provided yet, so i assume they haven't actually got round to doing anything with them yet (maybe not even opened the package yet!)

·
Registered
37 Posts
We applied online on the13th May, appointment on 16th with Bio and documents scanned to Sheffield.

Application received and pending review email on the 25th.

Hasnt been so long but the visa processing times show 100% in 60 days from Guangzhou, so shouldnt be far off.

As its an application outside of UK the visa status page doesnt give any sort of status update... god speed y'all

·
Registered
146 Posts
Days = business days.

110 days would mean you applied in February. If that's the case, I'd definitely be emailing them for an update and contacting your spouse's MP.

If you have to mail your application to Sheffield, it's most likely from when they receive the actual package. In 2015, mine was 60 days exactly from when they signed for it at Sheffield.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Days = business days.

110 days would mean you applied in February. If that's the case, I'd definitely be emailing them for an update and contacting your spouse's MP.

If you have to mail your application to Sheffield, it's most likely from when they receive the actual package. In 2015, mine was 60 days exactly from when they signed for it at Sheffield.
We applied in January and did biometrics on 24th Jan. I used an online calculator to work out the working days and it said 110, maybe its more then?

I am the spouse, and I did contact my MP and I haven't had a reply yet. That was about a week ago.
Also our application is not in Sheffield, it is in Jordan, and we have to collect the passport from the TLS centre when its been decided.

Ive also contacted the UKVI many times before the charge came in and they escalated our case but that was back in May. :(

·
Registered
35 Posts
Applied from Cairo, but the embassy dealing with it is in Amman, Jordan.

Is yours being dealt with in Moscow?
She gave her biometrics in Moscow, and also her current and former international passports as well, which they've kept. My understanding is they've sent those across to Sheffield

Despite the TLS Moscow website saying that she could scan all the documents from Moscow, they actually said that wasn't possible, and told her to send them to Sheffield. I got her to send them to me via DHL, added a stamped addressed envelope, and sent to on to Sheffield.

·
Registered
157 Posts
She gave her biometrics in Moscow, and also her current and former international passports as well, which they've kept. My understanding is they've sent those across to Sheffield

Despite the TLS Moscow website saying that she could scan all the documents from Moscow, they actually said that wasn't possible, and told her to send them to Sheffield. I got her to send them to me via DHL, added a stamped addressed envelope, and sent to on to Sheffield.
Yes I think most go to Sheffield now. I'm sure what you have done is fine. Fingers crossed you get an answer sooner than we have had to wait!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.