Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all
I am looking to move to oz, but due to the recent changes this seems impossible, unless someone can advise me. I am 56 years old, a printer by trade. My son is currently on a sponsorship visa and my daughter is going over in Feb 2018. So its just me and the missus left here in Ireland but we really want to move. Please any help or advise would be much appreciated. Mick

·
Registered
23,924 Posts
Hi all
I am looking to move to oz, but due to the recent changes this seems impossible, unless someone can advise me. I am 56 years old, a printer by trade. My son is currently on a sponsorship visa and my daughter is going over in Feb 2018. So its just me and the missus left here in Ireland but we really want to move. Please any help or advise would be much appreciated. Mick
Did you consider your eligibility for business visa ?

Cheers

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi
Yes, I looked at that, you cannot work under two of them and the other you need 1.5mil dollars, if I had that kind of money I wouldnt want to work at all.. Thanks for your reply

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
Hi
Yes, I looked at that, you cannot work under two of them and the other you need 1.5mil dollars, if I had that kind of money I wouldnt want to work at all.. Thanks for your reply
The only other option I see is maybe your kids get Aus PR and then they sponsor you. The Parent visa that have priority processing can cost up to AUD 20,000-30,000 I think. So, you may need to plan for such too.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Its all money((( I was in the middle of trying to get sponsorship when the recent changes came in...talk about bad timing (((

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
Its all money((( I was in the middle of trying to get sponsorship when the recent changes came in...talk about bad timing (((
Unfortunately Aus immigration process is very expensive compared to USA for instance. But it is also quicker than USA.

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
Assuming one of your children has a PR visa and you don't have other children living elsewhere, you they could sponsor you for a parent visa once they've lived here 2 years. Then the issue is time and cost. The contributory parent visa costs approx. $50,000 AUD per parent (so $100K for the two of you) and the non-contributory parent visa has a processing time of 10+ years.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts