Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm currently filling the online application form for the 176 Visa. In the Family Members section, there is a category called "NON migrating dependents". Is it advisable to put my parents' names in that? Or do you suggest to put them as Other family members?

I really appreciate your advise on this & any other points I have to note while lodging the application. Your advice on State Sponsor application really helped me :)

-SlExpat

G

·
If you put them as non migrating dependents you will have to ccomplete police checks & medicals for them. If like you said they do not meet the balance of family test I see no reason why you should put them as such and waste your money. Also if you plan on trying to get tourist visas for them I think it could cause problems. In that they may be refused or get a no further stay if DIAC believe they may stay in Australia illegally due to being dependent on you.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you put them as non migrating dependents you will have to ccomplete police checks & medicals for them. If like you said they do not meet the balance of family test I see no reason why you should put them as such and waste your money. Also if you plan on trying to get tourist visas for them I think it could cause problems. In that they may be refused or get a no further stay if DIAC believe they may stay in Australia illegally due to being dependent on you.
Hi Shel,

Thanks a million for your quick & prompt answer. As you said, it was asking about the country details for them in the last 10 years. So I've removed them & added to the family member list. Thanks for saving me again :)

Other than this, I've asked a question earlier in this forum about my wife who is pregnant now (www.expatforum.com/expats/australia...8577-176-visa-application-while-pregnant.html). I've almost filled the online application until the payment page, but there were no place to mention that fact. So, as you advised in that post, I'll fill the Change of circumstances form soon after applying & send them. The police checks also will be postponed until the child delivery or only the medicals?

-Slexpat

G

·
Sorry, there is space in the paper application! If there is nowhere to write it I would simply wait until a CO contacts you asking for medicals and explain to them directly. They will then delay the medical. I should think the police check would be delayed also given they are time limited but its not something I recall anyone mentioning before.
If you really want them to know in advance upload the information along with your other documents.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.